Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Took My Daughter Shooting

Matt Ulberg

SiG Lady, thanks so much for the posting. It looks much better than my copy of the photo.

Vince - I have no idea on the phone. It was a silver flip phone that a friend had - color display. My copy of the photo is very grainy, but SiG Lady worked her magic...

Never too young is right. My son is 16 months and loves to mimic my dry-fire drills with the letter "L" fridge magnet! Anything that even approximates the shape of a pistol....He even has a decent isoceles-like stance most of the time. Too cute.

Matt

gotta love this game! :D

Actually the only thing I did to this image is to crop it to center the subject matter. I decided against sharpening it because it was a low-resolution (72dpi) .jpeg and they never sharpen very well. Still, for one of those nifty mobile-phone cams it's super!

I am surprised noone has jumped on the Mathcounts t-shirt. No other engineers out there?

Isn't this the most geeky shooting-shirt you have ever seen, or what?

I have a whole stable of these free shirts, and some people are just speechless at the range.

Sometimes I go shooting directly from work, and have thought of getting a pocket protector and adding a belt-pouch for my HP calculator just to see if I can get a rise out of some of the other shooters.

Matt

I have volunteered and scored at the local level of Mathcounts. These kids/Mathletes are amazing. They can figure HHF's in their head before my Hewlett Packard clears naugahyde.

I really like the fact that this sport (shooting) has a lot of math, physics, and engineering involved with it. While others are trying to game a stage, I am trying to see how the pillow-blocks are set on the swingers, or finding the best angle for shooting from a port, and how that affects the target projection profile to the shooter (shooting somewhat edge-on at targets to the far right or left). I guess I just like to think about stuff like that.

It rubs off on my daughter, who asks LOTS of questions, and can give an impressive discourse on higway surface drainage, or asphalt-composite surface course construction. (I am a highway engineer.)

Anyway, just be aware, when you post on this board, I am listening.... Enough geek-speak from me.

Thanks for your kind words.

Matt