Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Shotgun Championship

Skywalker

OK guys, here you are some random shots I took in one of the very few sorties I could do out of the secretary office I was buried in... :(

1-2-3.jpg

Member Neil "Shotgun Rules" Beverley...

1-2-5.jpg

...Member Mike.45...

3-2-5.jpg

...and member KurtM.

all clearing the entrance of Stage 2.

Of course, could we have missed a "family" shot from the closing ceremony dinner?

1-3-1.jpg

L to R, T to B:

Neil Beverley, Darth, KurtM,

Skywalker67, Orimar3, Mike.45

Oh, and, yes, the shot was taken after we had properly celebrated the event with some wine toasts (this should explain the look on our faces...) ;)

Finally, there was this young gun, Skywalker jr., that wanted so badly to compete in the pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-teen category.

1-3-2.jpg

1-3-3.jpg

I tried to explain him the power factor minimum floor rule, but he replied "well, I'll shoot just for fun..." B)

My daughter (will be 4 next week) packs a shotgun just like that! I like the belt pouch for he ammo!

We seem to loose the rubber darts and the little ducks (targets) on a regular basis. I think my 16-mont old son, Gunnar, hides them in his room.

Very cool. By far the best pics I have seen on this site for a long time.

Matt

SiG Lady,

I know the photos are still a bit oversized (even if I tried to reduce them as much as I could), but I thought that reducing them further would have detracted from their completeness of details.

Happy to see you al liked them. :)

Garfield, my son is actually 3 too (will be 4 in november): can I foresee we will meet on some range with greying hairs and aging sight, looking at two young and fast shooters? :lol:

I was wondering what the white stickers on the mag tube extensions were, and found Luca's answer in another topic:

the RM took a wise decision: all competitors' shotguns were applied a check label on tubes. If you have a look at the Gallery forum, in ESC 2003 random shots post, you'll easily spot these label on the foreend/tube joint

Orimar3,

the ones I posted are the only photos I've been able to shoot with my camera.

I will receive in the next few weeks a CD from from Roberto Gobbi (Match Staff) with all the shots from the opening ceremony to the awards one: I will be posting them as soon as I can get my hands on them.

I will pass these latter to Kurtm too.

Some other shots I received from competitors:

1-3-4.jpg

The Modified Lady Team from UK:

L to R Sharon Strowger, Vanessa Duffy, Terrie Price, Helen Kenneth

1-3-5.jpg

Neil Beverley and IROA RO Luciano Corvetti on Stage 3

1-4-1.jpg

A very crowdy and much debated briefing on the same stage.

Garfield, my son is actually 3 too (will be 4 in november): can I foresee we will meet on some range with greying hairs and aging sight, looking at two young and fast shooters?  :lol:

Hi,

Hopefully a lot sooner ! But in the end, yes, I think my kids will end up shooting as well !

Would be nice though, us being old and grey, recollecting "the old days" and watching our kids shoot as we take care of our grandkids :) ?

BTW: Can I take it that the "67" in your nickname is your birthyear ? (I'm from "69").

BTW: Can I take it that the "67" in your nickname is your birthyear ? (I'm from "69").

Yessir,

as my profile will tell you, I'm still thinking about myself as a young boy, but my ID card (as my wife and my son do) reminds me I'm aging.

:P

Thanks to Neil, another shot from the closing ceremony awards:

1-2-4.jpg

T to B, L to R: Assistant Match Director Mr. Gavino Mura, Match Director Mr. Riccardo Massantini, ESC 2003 speaker Chiara (just to add some fuel to the discussion about italian girls... :P ).

Edited by Skywalker67