Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Leaving a # on an answering machine

RIIID

I've got to the point if I can't get the number after playing it back twice I quit trying. I get the speed talker, who get the number out in under a half second 8001234567 or someone who's voice fades as they talk. Speak clearly and at a pace the number can be written without replaying it and I will call back.

Rich

I've got to the point if I can't get the number after playing it back twice I quit trying. I get the speed talker, who get the number out in under a half second 8001234567 or someone who's voice fades as they talk. Speak clearly and at a pace the number can be written without replaying it and I will call back.

Rich

I'm with you on that one Rich, the other day I have a customer call about a elevator issue. "Hi my name is John Doe, please call me at" and rattles off the numbers like the old micro machine guy. Yeah, I have caller ID but if your going to leave the number leave it so that somebody can call you back.

Whats worse are the people who talk really slow and leave a really long message and then rip through the number so when you go back to replay it you have listen to them drag through the first part.

Edited by TMC

I always try to leave the number first.. so at least, if you have to play it twice.. at least you don't have to listen to the whole ting...

ditto.

"this is rvb, xxx-xxxx. I'm calling about such-n-such. Again, this is rvb, xxx-xxxx"

Even better......

Hola, me llamo (tu nombre aqui). Tengo mucho experiencia trabajando con concreto. Habla me atras por favor. Mi numero de telefono es (tu numero aqui). Yo espero para tu llamada......Gracias. Tengas un buen dia.

I'm a cement contractor and a gringo. And get alot of these...........It's all good, but, learning our tongue can help..!!!!!

Dan

Edited by D.carden

It's all good, but, learning our tongue can help..!!!!!

Dan

To quote Paul Rodiguez when re recalled being in an elevator with some people speaking Chinese and didn't like having people talk in front of him when he couldn't understand what they were saying so he says "I set them straight, I said HEY, YOU'RE IN AMERICAN NOW SPEAK SPANISH!"

"this is rvb, xxx-xxxx. I'm calling about such-n-such. Again, this is rvb, xxx-xxxx"

Yup.

The second worse thing is the 5 minute brief message going into incredible details that I'm not going to write down, followed by a rushed unintelligible phone number.

The number one worse is, "Hi, this is Mark, give me a call." Sorry, I know several Marks in several different states and have no idea which one you are. You will have to call again because I'm not going to start calling Marks at random hoping to find out which one of you called! Oh, and by the way Mark, pppfffftttt.... :P

The flip-side to that one is calling someone who has caller ID and no answering machine. In my line of work, I call customers to let them know their orders are in. After calling about 12 people, 5 of which I get no answer, wait an hour. Invariably someone will call ( I don't have caller ID) and say "Did you call me?" with no identifying info at all! Finally one day I'd had a bad time and when that call came in, I said "I don't know, who the HELL are you?"

Bad for business, I know, but it felt GOOD! :roflol:

Alan~^~