Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airsoft Training

Va_Gunner

Airic I was in the same situation then I realized my unit was sending a milvan later after went left, and it was coming by sea. I put my trainer in a Pelican case with a case of Coleman gas bottles since there was no danger of a pressure change on the ship. It will be here in a couple weeks, and I'm not sure how I will get it back but I am prepared to sacrifice it for a years training. IF you find yourself my way let me know.

Airic I was in the same situation then I realized my unit was sending a milvan later after went left, and it was coming by sea. I put my trainer in a Pelican case with a case of Coleman gas bottles since there was no danger of a pressure change on the ship. It will be here in a couple weeks, and I'm not sure how I will get it back but I am prepared to sacrifice it for a years training. IF you find yourself my way let me know.

Wow, Coleman gas bottles? Our unit was way over cautious about what we put on the ship. Hell they made us take knives out of our foot lockers that we sent in our con-ex boxes. No liquids over 3 ounces....that kind of stuff. We were all saying "these are going on a ship right?".

Yeah Coleman fuel bottles, but there is no pressue change really on a ship. I also found the KBR welder/ plumbing dudes and they hooked me up with some Benzamatic propane torch fuel bottles. When you get to where you are going or if you're already there ask around there is some folks taht will help out. I also talked to a guy from NM that shoots 3 gun. Good Luck Brother

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question regarding this airsoft training? I can see if you have steel targets to knock over but how do you know where you hit on a typical IPSC target? I guess I am not 100% sure how this would be much different than dryfire practice?

Also, where would you go to find a glock type airsoft gun?

Edited by Jay6

I have a question regarding this airsoft training? I can see if you have steel targets to knock over but how do you know where you hit on a typical IPSC target? I guess I am not 100% sure how this would be much different than dryfire practice?

Manny has one at a nice price. Cycling metal slide that locks back, fixed sights:

http://mannyusa.com/

You will have a hole in target. You just tape it and shoot more holes in the IPSC target. :P

I think this is 1000% different than regular dry fire. Dry fire never, ever makes you go through that uncomfortable feeling of "F@#%, I missed that shot" after you have transitioned away and every muscle and nerve has to fire to reverse your direction and do a pick up shot. After, you shake your head and you go "Man, if I would have just taken a tenth of a second longer to get a better sight picture, I wouldn't have wasted 3 second trying to get back onto that target".

That is a lesson I have learned time and time again in competitions and airsoft training but have yet to once exerience it in dry fire (exception being extremely slow and just calling it).

Here is a video showing some of my training with airsoft mixed with real steel.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoid=51779811

P Burt

Edited by sfpmb

Nice comparison video. We're doing similar things in the garage with the airsoft (but you have nicer props)! :wub:

I noticed you are using a CED8000 timer. Will setting it at its highest sensitivity setting (I think its 8) allow it to pickup

the airsoft gun or did you have to do something with the input jacks on a stop plate? Nevermind, I watch the video again

and I see the wire going from your CED to the stop plate. Is that just a simple mini-plug microphone? I was thinking of

trying my computer headset (earphones and microphone) to see if the microphone being up higher closer to the gun

would work.

I would say my dryfire to airsoft practice ratio is 50/50. There are still things that are done better using the real gun.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by Filishooter

Andy,

It is simple but harder to put together and fabricate. Just a micro switch attached to a mono plug wire. Here is my prototype that is being made now. Mad bull makes a timer which I don't like because it does not have a silent random start (only audible countdown) which makes it impossible to practice the reaction to the beep. The 8000 is a good investment because it works in the garage, the range and dry fire. I think CED makes an airsoft only timer that will pick up a airsoft shot (?CED 7000) but why would you if the CED 8000 will work on stop plate and real range. I as well work 50/50 airsoft/dry fire. I heavily focus on weighted mag draws and reloads on the first step and standing for dry fire, I work movement and transitions with airsoft. I came late to the game (more near 40 than 30) and this really just fits my schedule. I think alot of people could benefit from this. The stop plate switch/bracket will be available in a couple of weeks. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

post-14235-1233983162_thumb.jpgpost-14235-1233983184_thumb.jpg

P Burt

• 2 months later...
I noticed you are using a CED8000 timer. Will setting it at its highest sensitivity setting (I think its 8) allow it to pickup

the airsoft gun or did you have to do something with the input jacks on a stop plate?

I have a CED7000 timer that I bought about 6 months ago for regular practice sessions and just recently bought an airsoft gun. I saw that CED makes a special version of the CED7000 for airsoft but, my airsoft gun seems plenty loud and I wondered if my regular CED7000 would work so, I cranked it up to max sensitivity and used it for a 5 shot string and it recorded all 5 shots. The test string was shot in my house and the acoustics may be different enough from outdoors that it may have worked because of it. I have done all of my airsoft shooting in the house so far (I just finished making the target stand for the backyard so, I'll be trying the timer outside soon). It would be really nice if it works and I don't have to buy a second timer.

Has anyone had any issues with neighbors complaining or calling the cops from shooting airsoft in your backyard?

Edited by glockman2000