Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Mississippi Classic

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a great match! Can't wait! And the date is close enough to be an anniversary trip! Did I ever tell you guys I have the most incredible mate/partner/wife/best friend/soul mate/shooting coach? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I've got good news and I've got bad news. The good news is that the match is filling up fast. The bad news.... well the match is filling up fast.

I'm sorry to say this, but we have no more Friday slots available. With the staff and vendors all trying to cram a two day match plus some inevitable stage tweaking time into a single day, we have to keep it pretty tight. I hate to cut it off because I want everyone who wants to and can to come shoot with us and have a great time, but we have to put a cap on them or we'd never finish.

Also, I got word tonight that our block of rooms in the match hotel has sold out. The closest alternative is going to be the Days Inn of Byram. It’s a motel just up from the match hotel and a lot of the RO’s have stayed there in the past. Their phone is (601) 371-7111. Let me know if you can't get in there or if other alternatives are needed.

If you haven't sent in your app. but you plan on attending, please get it in the mail. The late entry fee comes in on May 6th so you've got ummm.... one week from today.

Holy Cr@p! Is it really only a couple weeks away? :surprise:

Hi Bill,

I'll check around and see what I can find. Unfortunately, most of the others are going to be about fifteen to twenty minutes away.

Here's a general guide:

Coming in from the West, check for places in Clinton, MS. I actually live in Clinton and it's only about 15 minutes by interstate from the range. Quite a few hotels there.

Coming in from the North, there are plenty of places to stay in Jackson/Ridgeland that are all 15-20 minutes from the range. I personally would look for something like last year's match hotel, the Cabot Lodge North 120 Dyess Rd, Ridgeland, MS 39157 (601) 957-0757

From the East, I'd look for places in Pearl. Again, about 15 to twenty minutes from the range. I've used the Jameson Inn on Riverwind Dr. in Pearl before and it seemed like a nice place. It was the match hotel for a number of years.

Coming in from the South... yeah, don't stay in South Jackson. Go to one of the places listed above. Sorry.

The good news is that a second hotel is coming online in Byram and should be ready in time for next years' match. I'll book a block in each so we can have more reserved next time.

Edited by John Heiter

Well, if you want to see me in Arkansas tomorrow, you're probably going to have to stay up past your bed time. Don't think I'm going to be able to get out of work early so I might not hit Little Rock until the wee hours but that's ok. I'm just happy to be going.

Speaking of happy, I got a nice little box in the mail today from the "Sons of Nemo" corporation. I saw his kids were trying to make a little money by going into business making lanyards and things out of parachute cord so I told them I wanted to get some of them for our prize table. I thought I was supporting the kids... but turns out they're supporting us. They sent me a big bag stuffed full of way more bracelets and key chains than I sent them money for with a nice note about how they wanted to help us out with our prize table so they threw in some extras. These things are really nice and very well made. I'm hoping I get one so I can use it to clip some stuff onto my range bag.

I've actually had a number of people come through for us like that this year. It seems like the smaller manufacturers who can't afford to do as much are actually much quicker to donate items than the big companies. Firebird Firearms, Quinn Manufacturing, Shooter's Connection, and some others have all gone way out of their way to help us out. Anyway, if you have never done business with these guys, you need to check them out because they've been incredible to work with.

... and I just got final stage approval from John Amidon. I'm not believing it but he approved all ten stages as drawn, no changes or even suggestions. :cheers:

Looks like a hell of a match...

Edited by JThompson

... and I just got final stage approval from John Amidon. I'm not believing it but he approved all ten stages as drawn, no changes or even suggestions. :cheers:

I've been going for the last 6-7 years ( I can't remember exactly :blush: ) and I have always been very impressed. Great people, great match.

dj

I've been going for the last 6-7 years ( I can't remember exactly :blush: ) and I have always been very impressed. Great people, great match.

dj

Dennis, You gonna bring your wheel-gun or be one of those snivelly bottem-feeders. :roflol:

Looking forward to seeing you. I'll be on Stage 4.

PAT

No problem JT. I've got great prizes for all the super seniors that I'll be passing out at the chrono station once the last shot has been fired on Saturday afternoon. I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone, but I'll give you a hint. It starts with a "B", ends with an "EER", and fits conveniently in a red plastic cup.

Speaking of prize surprises, I got home from the AR Section Championship yesterday and had a couple really sexy looking C-more mounts waiting for me in my mailbox. These things look great and I can't wait to give them out. Thanks again for helping us out with these.

I'm looking at the numbers as of Sunday and we're right at 150 competitors registered so far.

• Limited - 46
  • Open - 35
  • Production - 32
  • Revolver - 13
  • Single Stack - 10
  • Limited Ten - 5
  • Undecided - 7

I'm expecting to get a few more entries in at the last minute this week as people try to get apps in ahead of the May 6th late entry deadline and then there will be a few more who always show up and sign up on match day so I'm guessing we'll be around the same numbers as last year when all is said and done. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks.