Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dog friendly hotel/motels

I need some help finding hotel/motels that are dog friendly. I'd like to start building a quick reference database.

I have a medium to big size dog (65 lb. German Shepherd, but he's still growing.)

Any ideas?

TIA,

Erik

I believe the Motel 6 chain is dog friendly.

Hilton's are dog freindly, but pricey, as are some Super 8's,........friendly not pricey!!!!

Holiday inn's are hit and miss

For matches, in Raton, RM3G,Robin Hood motel

In Tulsa, USSA,Holiday Inn (old match hotel)

Mesa, SMM3G,Best Western

Shreveport, Clark Range,Quality Inn, and Comfort Inn, match hotels

Ft. Smith, Ark3g,Match Hotel, can't remember name

San Angelo, match hotel, can't remember name, Laquinta I think????

OKC, Miller household.

Trapr

Here he is on his first night in his new home.

344.jpg

Here he is at 5 months playing fetch. He got bored with tennis balls, so he started fetching soccer balls.

1613.jpg

I need to get some new ones. He's 13 months old now.

Erik

Edited by Bear1142

I had to quit playing ball with my dog chief, half American bulldog half Pit bull. He would pop a leather basket ball in one bite! Now I have another Pit bull mix and one Full blooded American Bulldog.

reciept001fx7.th.jpg

img00054hy7.th.jpg

Edited by rupie

Here he is on his first night in his new home.

344.jpg

Here he is at 5 months playing fetch. He got bored with tennis balls, so he started fetching soccer balls.

1613.jpg

I need to get some new ones. He's 13 months old now.

Erik

Great looking GSD Erik. It looks like he has German blood lines with a non-sloped back. That's a great thing IMO.

A lot of the American lines have that sloped look that produces a lot of hip problems. My sister-in-law spent big $ to have her GSD's hips fixed with plates and screws :surprise:

BTW - we take Samson to a great dog park/kennel/training facility: Wolf Brook

The owner is a big time schutzhund trainer and there's lots of schutzhund GSD's there.

Edited by chp5

My wife and I ran into the same problem. Two dogs - a Cocker Spanial and a Gordon Setter.

We wound up purchasing a motorhome. We have found the trip begins with the start of the engine. We enjoy the trip going too, and coming from, the shoot much more now. So do the dogs. Much more room for them to move around and relax. With the added advantage of being able to sleep in your own bed, use your own bathroom, eat in your own restaurant, and stop to rest whenever you wish. Plus you have room to bring as much gear and ammo as you need, plus room for extras if you wish.

If we can't park at the Range, or need to travel while at the shoot (like RM3G) we just rent a car when we get there.

Here is Ruckus with one of our equine babies - he is my jogging buddy. "Gizmo" is the Cocker.

post-5372-1231946649_thumb.jpg

post-5372-1231946734_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian Payne