Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification Cards

Drachen27

Does anyone know a source for the IDPA Classification Cards? I searchedthe IDPA website, tried to call, and even sent an email.

My card has seen better days, and I wanted to get a new one.

Anyone know a source, or know who I can try contacting?

I called the HQ 5 times begging for a card or two....and finally made up my own on the PC which only took a few minutes.

On a related issue I have been trying for 3 months to get the IDPA to mail me a supply of their brochures so that I can recruit members for them at my pistol classes..... So far no luck.... Maybe it's my yankee accent :D

I gave up several years ago, dealing with IDPA is like dealing with the IRS. no thanks.

Yup, their "customer service" pretty much sucks, unlike USPSA where they seem to pretty much want to go out of their way to do what they can for their fellow members. <_<

The card is pretty much useless anyway. Get your local MD to post your classifications on the web site, most sanctioned matches require/request it done that way. I'm a local MD at two clubs and just playing with the system punching in random numbers shows that most MDs are not doing this and they should be.

The card is pretty much useless anyway. Get your local MD to post your classifications on the web site, most sanctioned matches require/request it done that way. I'm a local MD at two clubs and just playing with the system punching in random numbers shows that most MDs are not doing this and they should be.

I've found this to be very true. The method for entering classifications into the website was brought up at a recent SO meeting, and there were a lot of crickets chirping. :unsure:

I think that some of it stems from the clubs that are running quasi-versions of IDPA.

The card is pretty much useless anyway. Get your local MD to post your classifications on the web site ... most MDs are not doing this and they should be.

Doesn't that make the website pretty much useless and the card still very important??

I have my MA classifications signed on my card from years ago. The only one on the website is from when I shot Nats and HQ entered it. I don't shoot classifiers because ( a ) I am no longer req'd to and ( b ) I find them painfully boring. The card is the only valid proof of my other classifications.

-rvb

edit to add: of the majors I have shot since the website classifications came on line, they STILL required me to bring my card even when they also claimed to be verifying off the website. :wacko:

So, IMO website = useless pain in the *, card = important.

Edited by rvb

As an MD I haven't touched a card in over a year. If you know the number of your club, or of a club, and can scribble an "MD" sigature, poof, you are classified on the date you choose at the level you choose. There is no way to police the card, I've had people ask me to "just sign the card, because I don't want to waste the ammo shooting the classifier, I know what class I will shoot in". And as the card gets more tattered, who can read it. RVB send me your card and I'll enter you myself. There is talk of rule book changes coming, I bet the card is gone with these changes.

2008 I shot 4 major matches including State and Nationals. Was never asked for a card once. What are they really for anyway? No one ever asks for them. I'd like to see a classification system something like USPSA's for IDPA.