Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Alabama Section Championship May 1&2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to give this thread/match a quick bump.

The Alabama State USPSA Match drew close to 200 shooter's awhile back then fell off. It's getting ready to make a big comeback!

Randal is putting a tremendous amount of time and effort into the stage design along with numerous details that will definitely make this a match to attend.

Steel City is an outstanding venue for competitive matches of all sorts, IPSC, 3-gun, rifle, IDPA etc.

It's located in a very desirable area of Birmingham, close to shopping, eating establishments etc.

The weather should be optimum the first week of May.

Hope to see you there!

David Tapp

• 3 weeks later...
When we gonna see some stages Duckie?? :surprise: Inquiring minds want to know. Oh, and please include WSB's :ph34r:

THIS REPLY IS FOR BOZ AND BOZ ONLY....

The match is FULL....we do have standards here in Alabama..

AGAIN THIS REPLY IS FOR BOZ ONLY.....maybe for Hicks too.....

But since I am such a nice guy here is one of the WSB's.... :roflol:

EVERYONE ELSE KEEP THOSE ENTRY FORMS COMING............

STAGE 2: Not So Fast

STAGE WALKTHROUGH SCRIPT. READ EXACTLY AS IS TO EACH SQUAD, PLEASE.

“WELCOME TO STAGE 2, “Not So Fast”. Designed by Randal Webb. MY NAME IS _________ AND I WILL BE YOUR CHIEF RANGE OFFICER. I AM BEING ASSISTED HERE TODAY BY ________, __________, AND __________.

“Not So Fast” is a 150 Points/ 30 Rounds comstock stage, Consisting of 12 ipsc targets 2 US Poppers and 4 steel plates. Start signal is audible, stop signal is last shot fired. Scored hits are best 2 on each ipsc target. Steel must fall.

Starting Position: Heels on X’s, Hands relaxed at sides. Gun is loaded and holstered per USPSA 8.1.1 and 8.1.2.

Stage Procedure:. Upon start signal engage targets & plates as they become available from within the fault lines. Barrels are SOFT cover.

“PENALTIES ARE INCURRED PER THE CURRENT USPSA HANDBOOK.

“Under 9.6, scoring will begin while the stage is in progress. You may name a delegate ahead of time to ‘accompany the official responsible for scoring in order to verify the scoring.’

“ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS? you will be given 5 minutes to look over the stage. After we start, only the on-deck shooter may enter the shooting box, while targets are being scored.”

OK, Boz you have been patient...here is one for you...Stage 2 (for real).....We are 2 months out and I will be posting all the stages soon........I might do one at a time JUST FOR BOZ...........maybe even let him pick em'....

post-6763-1235915157_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I like that one. Go one for one on the poppers and the beach balls, and no reloads needed..Thumbs up, Duckie!!

Course that would be iffin I could wrangle an entry..... :surprise:

First, MONEY TALKS or in your case Gets you a entry.....

No reloads needed :surprise: ....lets see 6 pieces of steel (2 usp poppers and 4 - 6" plates) 30 rounds....Anyone want to start a pool now on if BOZ pulls off Stage 2 without a RELOAD??? I'm betting NA......They really look easy but when you try to shoot them on the move the damn things seem to move around on you...ask Frank P. bout those little plates......

Not wishing you any bad luck but $5 says you WILL reload...whether Needed or Voluntary.....

Edited by DrawandDuck

Yeah, I like that one. Go one for one on the poppers and the beach balls, and no reloads needed..Thumbs up, Duckie!!

Course that would be iffin I could wrangle an entry..... :surprise:

First, MONEY TALKS or in your case Gets you a entry.....

No reloads needed :surprise: ....lets see 6 pieces of steel (2 usp poppers and 4 - 6" plates) 30 rounds....Anyone want to start a pool now on if BOZ pulls off Stage 2 without a RELOAD??? I'm betting NA......They really look easy but when you try to shoot them on the move the damn things seem to move around on you...ask Frank P. bout those little plates......

Not wishing you any bad luck but $5 says you WILL reload...whether Needed or Voluntary.....

I'll take that bet, have some buckies ready Duckie. :sight:

Done.....with that said....don't throw the stage by shooting real SLOW just to get my $5 buckies....

JUST IN>>>>>>>STAGE 2 has just been edited to 32 rounds<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

this is TOOO EASY.....

Edited by DrawandDuck

• 2 weeks later...

How have I missed out on following this thread. So many missed chances to throw my .02 in, beer, asian massage "technicians", hooters, and the resturant with the same name, renting out a blonde, vodka and red bull, and dare I bring up the incident with the flying saucer and jeger.

man, working 10 hr nights must be keeping me off my game.

All jokes aside, this is gonna be a fun match. Look forward to seeing alot of you non-alabamians for the first time since Benning.

On a side note, I know alot of us shooters are too old for alot of this stuff, but the Crawfish Boil is going on that weekend also, so if you have a hard time with the wife and kids letting you get away, bring them along for Fri and Sat night. Details are below, lots of good food and music, or at least good food, LOL.

http://www.schaeffercrawfishboil.com/

Just figured I would throw that out there with a

BUMP!!!!

See ya'll soon,

Eric

aka Stik

'bout time......... :ph34r:

Why you worried.......I have not had a cancellation yet............

Do you mean the match is still full???..........Dammit, those looked like good stages, especially the 50 yard poppers

'bout time......... :ph34r:

Why you worried.......I have not had a cancellation yet............

Do you mean the match is still full???..........Dammit, those looked like good stages, especially the 50 yard poppers

See POST #55..................

Jeremy Jester of Bangersusa.com called me today and said that he had acquired a Glock certificate that we can have drawing for at the match......so everyone will have a random chance for a new Glock also!!

Thanks Jeremy and Glock

Randal

Tm262 and SingleStack forms are in the mail. You should have them in a day ro so. We are looking forward to a great match. Thanks Randal to you and your staff for all of your hard work.

Fifty yard poppers...I don't even know if my minor loads will knock down a popper at fifty yards?

Fifty yard poppers...I don't even know if my minor loads will knock down a popper at fifty yards?

I'll put them DOWN HILL for you!!

Still have 48 spots left.....get em' while the gettin' is GOOD...