Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Weight

SingleStacker45

6.8 lbs. without magazine. KurtM

Tell me you shoot irons. Maybe some specs would be good if it's not too much trouble.

Mule

Mule,

You are obviously unaware that you are conversing with the world renowned iron sight shooter, the one and only Kirk Miller. When it comes to 3-gun if you have any questions, just ask yourself......WWKMD

6.8 lbs. without magazine. KurtM

Tell me you shoot irons. Maybe some specs would be good if it's not too much trouble.

Mule

Mule,

You are obviously unaware that you are conversing with the world renowned iron sight shooter, the one and only Kirk Miller. When it comes to 3-gun if you have any questions, just ask yourself......WWKMD

Just call me FNG. I com from the secondary weapon school so I know not. Looks like Texas is where all the fun is for these long guns. So it looks like <9 lbs is figting weight. I'm about a pound off. Do I get a handicap for a redimag?

Mule

Mule

I have an old warhorse that weighs in at 12-13lbs and to paraphrase Kellyn, it shoots like a house-a-fire. I also have a JP CTR that weighs in at about 7.5 with optics. Heavy/light, no big thing either way as long as you like it and can shoot it well ;)

Mine is a 20" rifle, aluminum tube, and Weaver 1-3x weighs right at 8#. The Cav Arms lower knocks another 14 ounces, but I'm not sure which way I like it better. I had the barrel turned down from an Hbar to gvmt profile and like it a lot.

Yes it is a "iron sight" rifle ( denoting 20" barrel, not a short 16 or 18", there is nothing RIFLE about the .223 caliber, but we will use that for now). The optic rifle weighs in at 7.6 lbs.

The specs for both these rifles will have to come from J.P. as John is the one that put them together. Note: the J.P. optic rifle cheats just a bit by mounting the ACOG TA-11 directly to the upper with no extranius mount.

The rifle I built for Mike Darby to use when he comes over weighs in at 7.7 lbs with Meopta on top. Carbon fiber fore-end, barrle turned .75 full length by My amigo Benny and a lightened bolt carrier from J.P. of course. I have been told time and again that .75 is just to thin and will string when hot, but of the 3 barrels I have had turned this way NONE of them string and ALL of them ar 3/4 M.O.A. barrles so turn away weight if you wish.

BTW it ISN"T KIRK Miller....it,s "Kuert Muller" and I have always lived by WWDAD ( What would Desi Arnes do?) "Lucy you have some splainin to do."

20" iron gun .750 barrel, 223............7.75#

20" iron gun .750 barrel , 308..........9.0#

18" optic gun, .800 barrel, ACOG,......8.5#

16" iron gun, M4 contour,223............7.75#

optics, furniture and barrel contours and length will cause differences for all of it.

trapr

Get the scale out big boy, I will be there on the 17th...that is if you can run a scale, or do you adjust them like a claim??? :lol:

BTW like the new avitar...miss the old one!! KirtM

My AR with Colt lower ace stock JP15 upper 18 inch weights with Zeiss varpoint and JPointburkett mount 3,98 kg which should be 8,77 lbs (iff i did the right conversion :wacko: )

Does anybody here knows the weight off a CTR02 with 18 inch with no optics ?

and how much lighter it would be with the ultra lightweight 18 inch JP barrel???

• 3 months later...
My AR with Colt lower ace stock JP15 upper 18 inch weights with Zeiss varpoint and JPointburkett mount 3,98 kg which should be 8,77 lbs (iff i did the right conversion :wacko: )

Does anybody here knows the weight off a CTR02 with 18 inch with no optics ?

and how much lighter it would be with the ultra lightweight 18 inch JP barrel???

The 18" UL barrel weighs 10oz more than the 18" medium.