Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ohio 2009 ! -- **Date Change!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're looking for 20 or so wheelgunners....seems like we've done that in Ohio before. :cheers:
I'd like to see at least 20 in single stack and revo.Their cool :bow:

Conrad, I'm sorry to say there probably won't be much SS shooting going on....once they hear I'm coming they probably will hide in limited or something..... :ph34r:

:D:roflol:

So you're looking for 20 or so wheelgunners....seems like we've done that in Ohio before. :cheers:
I'd like to see at least 20 in single stack and revo.Their cool :bow:

Conrad, I'm sorry to say there probably won't be much SS shooting going on....once they hear I'm coming they probably will hide in limited or something..... :ph34r::D:D

:D:roflol:

I have confirmed with the Ross county fairgrounds that the Easyrider rodeo is also on the same weekened as the OH Sectional. So make sure you book your hotels ahead of time. They will get filled up early.

Edited by conrad

Shaky bridges, CFL's. You people are gonna make me drive down there to shoot a regular match just to see what you're gonna throw at us!! Got an address for the range?

Oh, and the first time I saw "CFL" I thought of compact florescent lights. I thought somebody finally found a good use for those confounded things, LOL!!

CFL....that's a relief. I was just worried that it was another version of "THE SHAKEY BRIDGE!!!!" :roflol:

Don't sweat the Shakey Bridge.. I'm going to sneak out to Pickaway before the seaons starts and burn that sucker!!! :devil:

Thanks for taking this on Conrad. Of course Kelly & I will be there for sure..

CFL....that's a relief. I was just worried that it was another version of "THE SHAKEY BRIDGE!!!!" :roflol:

Don't sweat the Shakey Bridge.. I'm going to sneak out to Pickaway before the seaons starts and burn that sucker!!! :devil:

Thanks for taking this on Conrad. Of course Kelly & I will be there for sure..

Like we can't make another one and even more shakey than that one??? :devil:

I don't entirely know what a level III match is, but it sounds like fun. Do you need to have completed a classifier to participate?

I forget what it takes to be a level 3 but I know when you when you can get shiney gold medals :D Its not until Sept you can shoot 4 matches between now and then easily but I don't think you need to be classified to shoot the match but I think its up to the MD if they will give out awards for U class.

You can shoot without a classification, but you are required to be a USPSA member to shoot a Level II or III match.

6.4.1 All competitors must be individual members of USPSA, or a current

member of their IPSC region, for Level II and above competitions. A

competitor who submits a paid USPSA membership application to the

Match Director prior to entering the competition is considered a member

for the purpose of this rule.

As already posted, you don't have to be classified but you want to be. In 2007 I won a plaque at the Ohio sectional for 3rd "C" Class, Production division. I shot a special classifier match which was five stages, all classifiers to get classed before the match. I'm sure between now and September you'll either shoot four matches with one classifier each or you can find a special classifier match to shoot. I know there's an indoor, 4 stage all classifier match in Canal Fulton in the evening of Saturday the 17th.

Inside scoop:

Stages have been hashed out to about the 98% level. They will likely be sent off to NROI for approval soon. I don't think I can share any details until approval comes down, but I can tease you all a bit...:)

- 10 stages

- ~200 rounds, plus chrono

- 5 long field course

- 2 classifiers

- 5 different stage designers(not counting the classifiers)

- a teeter-tooter

- Conrad Sissy Sticks (aka CFL's)

- Turtle targets on a stage

- a Texas Star (with a twist...top plate is a NS)

- an Unloaded start with gun on table

- a stage that starts down range

- Carry can A to point B, carry Can B to point C

- shooting on the mover opportunities

- long shoots on little steel (just a couple ;) )

Just a bunch of good solid stuff, with a few distractions from the shooting thrown in to keep you on your toes.

Conrad has done a good job.

Oh yeah...the shaky bridge is in there

Awesome!! Thank you to whoever designed that one. I don't care what the rest of the stage looks like, I LOVE starting down range!! :)

Really? I know of at least a few that hate starting downrange after the W. PA match last fall. Fortunately I'm not one of them, but that sure doesn't mean I like it!! :P

Awesome!! Thank you to whoever designed that one. I don't care what the rest of the stage looks like, I LOVE starting down range!! :)

Note to stage builder...include Tiny Warrior step for shooting over wall. B)