Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wife wants a Wii

Any help will be appreciated, I am completely ignorant in this area and could use some advice.

Specifically she wants something called the 'ultra fit' package with the console and some extra controllers?

I've seen these more in stock at WalMart than anywhere else, including the WiiFit balance board. If you go to www.walmart.com you can search inventory by store, and save yourself some driving a round.

Plus they don't make you buy it in a "bundle" with extra games/acc you don't even want, like some places do.

You can get it all at Walmart and or GameStop. You may get a better deal at Walmart. The console is the actual game system- which comes with one controler and 1 nunchuk controller. And the game software is Wii Fit. I am not 100% sure what all comes with it, but I am sure that it comes with everything you need as a package. Extra controllers are nice. I only got 1 extra and am now seeing I need like 3-4 more! They are about $30 a pop. The game software is about $85. And depending on when, where and all that jazz the console will run about $250. But it is a ton of fun! :cheers:

We got a Wii fit, it's a hoot. Tried the yoga stuff and let me tell you, this fatboy don't like yoga. :blink:

They really do have some neat stuff with it a lot of balance games.

Here's what we did

Wii=$250

Wii fit=$80

extra controls (if you plan on more than one person playing any games at one time) =$50 each (32 for 'wiimote' and 18 for the nunchuk)

You don't need the nunchuks for some games, but for some they are a must.

- Wii console. Comes with one controller and the Wii Sports disc, which has 5 or so games (boxing, bowling, golf, tennis, and baseball)

When we got ours, it was a matter of looking in the weekly flyers and seeing who was advertising them. Then, hitting the store on Saturday when they open (Target, in our case). Had a buddy over a few weeks ago and he played ours...then walked into a local store and they had them on the shelf. So the console seems easier to get now.

- Next, buy the Wii Play disc. It comes with a controller and another 9 or so games. The games are designed to help you learn to use the controller and interact with the game play. There is a Duck hunt type game and a Tank killing game.

- There is a secondary controller you can get called a Nunchuk (sp). It plugs into the main controller and you can play with both hands. Buy one for each controller you get.

- You can use up to 4 sets of controllers (and nunchuks) with the Wii. Not all games take/support all of that. If you are going to have people over...get them. Good fun and cheaper than going out.

- Wii Fit is kind of a cross between a skate/snow board and an electronic bathroom scale. If nothing else, you can keep a daily log of "stuff"...which is kinda worth the price right there. The disc comes with yoga, strength, balance and aerobic activities/games. Each of those areas has something like 9 games that you unlock as you progress. Fit will chart your weight and graph it. It will chart you activity minutes in those 4 areas, and you can input other activities in for it to chart as well. You get tested for you Wii Fit Age, which is a compilation of your actual age, weight (relative to a National height/weight chart) and your balance...which is tested. Think your good at standing still ? On one leg? Think you know how to lean? Haha...

Wii fit is hot now and tough to find sometimes. Keep and eye out. They come into stores on a regular basis I think, so you can get one (no need to go ebay crazy and bid a lot of $$)

• 1 month later...

Wii Console Tracker

I lucked out and picked one up @ Target last summer but this is the way to go if you don't want the hassle of store hopping.

Wii Fit Tracker

I was patient and finally got one from Amazon.com for $ 89 shipped. Haven't hooked it up yet.

Just plugged in the console this past Friday night. My son and I have been playing Wii Play, Kung Fu Panda, Cooking Mama and Ninja Reflex. The Wii Sports that came with the console was DOA. I hope that Nintendo will replace it without any cost to me.

Nerf-N-Strike Bundle $ 36.99 shipped (grab one) best price I've ever seen.

Edited by reneet