Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Noveske on the way!

DMAC

Well I drank the cool aid on the tactical AR side.

I have a JP CTR-02 that is great but I've also wanted to get a Noveske. They are not even taking orders any more for complete guns and then this popped up on their website. Lots of posts on ARFCOM about it. I'm probably paying a ~$500 premium for what it's worth in parts/gear, but only 50 were made and only 23 are left.

Noveske MPL Light Recce with Magpul Lower

Edited by DMAC

That is a sweet rifle !! The only thing is....Noveske took the time to put together 50 overpriced (no offense) rifles while they have a shitload of backorders and people waiting for uppers, etc. I know it is business but people have long memories for those that F'd them when things were tight.

Anyway, you are getting a great rifle and it should hold it's value.

That is a sweet rifle !! The only thing is....Noveske took the time to put together 50 overpriced (no offense) rifles while they have a shitload of backorders and people waiting for uppers, etc. I know it is business but people have long memories for those that F'd them when things were tight.

Anyway, you are getting a great rifle and it should hold it's value.

I agree and I am certain that many are upset about this. Heck, I wanted to order a N4 Light Recce and I couldn't even place an order.

I am certain that this deal with Magpul had been worked on long ago with a specific timeline for release/distribution (perhaps even a legally binding contractual obligation) well before Noveske had been flooded with orders.

I've already got the e-mail from Noveske and it's shipping on the same day I ordered it. The link is already off the website. They sold all 50 of these limited rifle/case package off their website in just over one day. It's kind of crazy and I guess I'm part of the insanity :goof:

Edited by DMAC

I think what happened was that Magpul made a bunch of AR lowers and this was a way to get rid of them (not saying that in a bad way). I think that Magpul made them to "test the waters" but decided to focus on the ACR and other stuff instead.

Link to pictures.

According to this thread on AR15.com, there were only 50 of them, selling for $3k each - which works out to about $700 for the stripped Magpul lower. And they sold out in less than a day.

On AR15.com, Magpul previously said that they made about 800 AR lowers and that they were not going to sell them individually, due to "liability"concerns (whatever that means). However, having the Magpul lower part of a rifle built by Noveske doesn't relieve Magpul from liability, unless Noveske agreed to indemnify Magpul.

Edited by davidwiz

I think what happened was that Magpul made a bunch of AR lowers and this was a way to get rid of them (not saying that in a bad way). I think that Magpul made them to "test the waters" but decided to focus on the ACR and other stuff instead.

Link to pictures.

According to this thread on AR15.com, there were only 50 of them, selling for $3k each - which works out to about $700 for the stripped Magpul lower. And they sold out in less than a day.

On AR15.com, Magpul previously said that they made about 800 AR lowers and that they were not going to sell them individually, due to "liability"concerns (whatever that means). However, having the Magpul lower part of a rifle built by Noveske doesn't relieve Magpul from liability, unless Noveske agreed to indemnify Magpul.

This is pretty accurate. Magpul said that they may release the other lowers as complete rifles in the future, but they are not going to sell the individual lowers and my guess is that any rifle build they commit to in the future will be with a quality upper/company and probably sell for a premium. The rarity of Magpul lowers is why people are paying the premium (kind of like some of the cult California cabernets-overpriced but it's rare and it's yours!)

Edited by DMAC

dont waste your money on Noveske, buy a Larue, they support the sport and are a better rifle/upper

and there is only a 4 week wait for uppers and lowers

I guess who makes a better rifle/upper is somewhat of a subjective matter. I don't think my money was wasted (and I don't think the other 49 people who purchased these at $3000 each for the whole package in about one day think so either).

I probably won't purhcase another AR anytime soon and I'm thinking about an SBR upper. I have seen some Larue products and think they are great and will probably spend a lot of money on Larue rifles/uppers in the future.

I also try to support forum vendors and appreciate those who support the sport (my first AR was a JP Enterprise Rifle) and my next purchase will likely be a limited class 2011 in .40 cal from one of the forum vendors.

I realize that I could probably find someone to pay a premium for this rifle in a couple years, but I think I would rather shoot it and share it with others who appreciate it for it's uniqueness and what it took to finally bring something like this to market and let them shoot it too rather than try and flip for a grand or two profit down the road. To each his own.

What do you base this on? Not a slam, just curious as to what you think makes one better than the other.

Except for the barrel, Noveske use components made by another manufacturer. Receivers were used to be made by CMT and now by LAR. LaRue manufacture their components in house except for the barrel and lower receiver which is made by SMOS. Noveske rifles look stylish, but components and performance wise I'll put my money on a LaRue hands down.

Edited by norbs007

just that Larue gives all sorts of stuff to 3 gun matches and if memory serves me Noveske doesn't support our sport, not that it is any less of a rifle I just feel we should support the companies that support our sport

Noveske does support the sport. They were a stage sponsor for the Area 1 Pistol Championshiop and a sponsor for the Area 1 Multi Gun. Not sure if they sponsor other events but I definitely wouldn't post that they don't sponsor since they do.

Geez, the guy orders a new rifle, that he's excited about, and y'all want to sit and tell him to buy someone else's instead? Get over it...

DMAC, good luck with it ;) Beautiful looking piece... Now you should call up the guys at Magpul and get them to send you a BAD to put on it ;):lol: (good luck w/ that one... heh heh...)

Geez, the guy orders a new rifle, that he's excited about, and y'all want to sit and tell him to buy someone else's instead? Get over it...

DMAC, good luck with it ;) Beautiful looking piece... Now you should call up the guys at Magpul and get them to send you a BAD to put on it ;):lol: (good luck w/ that one... heh heh...)

Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I'll post pics when it's in.

Magpul actually indicated that the Noveske MPL N4 will have the B.A.D. ambi-bolt release (if this is what you are referring to?)

Magpul actually indicated that the Noveske MPL N4 will have the B.A.D. ambi-bolt release (if this is what you are referring to?)

That would be the one - aka the Bolt Assist Device ;) Don't see it on the pics, though... ;) Heck, man, selling that part alone could probably net you some serious coin, with all the guys on arfcom drooling over it :lol: