Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mernickle Holster and Belt for SS?

Larry273

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/er/erwb/erwb1r1.html

I have seen this set up featured in the Dillon catalog and in the Mernickle website. It is intriguing in its old school design, and the US stampings, but looks like it would not be legal for SS due to it not being "securely attached at the waist."

Any thoughts?? It certainly does not provide a competitive advantage, but it does look wicked...

Larry

L1075

http://www.mernickleholsters.com/er/erwb/erwb1r1.html

I have seen this set up featured in the Dillon catalog and in the Mernickle website. It is intriguing in its old school design, and the US stampings, but looks like it would not be legal for SS due to it not being "securely attached at the waist."

Any thoughts?? It certainly does not provide a competitive advantage, but it does look wicked...

Larry

L1075

As long as the competitor can securely fix the belt at the waist (cinch it tight enough, use keepers to strap it to an underbelt, get a leather shop to sew velcro around the inside of the belt?) you're good to go....

See Rule 5.2.3 paying careful attention to the "either or" language in the final sentence....

As to the front strap requirement, I honestly can't tell without seeing it mounted on a belt. I also can't see where the belt loops on the back of the holster are which can affect how high the gun is held.

I forgot about the front strap language. Assuming it were possible, would a modification to the holster or belt, that lifted the gun so that the front strap rode high enough, be legal?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the replies

it seems like some velcro or keepers would solve the "secure" problem, but the width of the belt is the factor that makes getting the frontstrap high enough...

it seemed like a cool concept for a military shooter like myself, but in the end, it will be back to comp-tac, cr speed, and safariland...