Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My other hobby

waktasz

Nice rides!

I like the rear wheel off the ground on your 08. :) I'm on my second 08 STI and loving it (the first one was bought back by Subaru). I had an 05 before that. Do you still have yours or did it get replaced by the Z06?

I didn't get a chance to play with setup on the first one and only got to autocorss it twice. It had terrible understeer on really tight corners but felt pretty good on most of the course. Did you settle on a suspension setup you were happy with?

I'm looking forward to next season. :)

Trevor

I traded the 08 STI for the z06. I was burning about a quart of oil per weekend autocross event in the STI. I imagine Subaru bought yours back because of cracked pistons or oil burning problems?

I do miss my 06 WRX I had setup for ESP class, but don't miss my STI at all. The z06 drives like a race car should though.

Actually Subaru bought mine back because of unexplained grinding noise in very hard left turns. Near as I can tell, they threw close to 10k in parts and labor at it (not to mention the cost of putting me in a loaner). They replaced almost the entire drive-trian with no change. It didn't seem to affect drivability, but it was an ugly noise. They treated me very well and ended up giving me almost all my money back, including payments made. I have head of peopel having trouble with them. Mine was pro-tuned from day one, and I think that helps. The stock tune seems to be made for 93 oct. WIth just the tune and downpipe it put 341 lb/ft to the wheels on a pretty low reading mustang dyno. It was fun. :) My new one will be there later this week, and then I will start working out the supsension.

• 6 months later...

I just wish there were more weekends in teh summer. Racing has taken up the majority of my spare time, shooting is more like a winter sport only for me now. The bad news is the clubs around here usually don't have matches December through February.

• 4 weeks later...

cool shots!

used to run my 92 acura integra gsr in csp back in 95

those r1s were eating up much money

I think shooting is cheaper! maybe- in the long run. . .

nice ride

used to love to watch the ss guys tear it up in the vettes and rx7's tts. down here in nc.

Depends how much you shoot :P.

I do an event almost every weekend and this set of tires has lasted all year so far. They need to be flipped on the wheels though as there is some outside shoulder wear now, but they should last a little while more.

Here's a good sequence from the Toledo ProSolo this past week and some HD video.

seq2.jpg

seq3.jpg

seq4.jpg

seq5.jpg

seq6.jpg