Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

December

benos

This is a tough one to call.

My sentences:

As a shooter, your most important job is...

to call each shot.

A goal of practice should not be...

to improve.

Just practicing is enough. You'll miss out on a lot if you are too wrapped up in trying to improve. By paying close attention to each act you do, improvement comes of itself. Pick something, and give your full attention to it. One of my favorites quotes from Bruce Lee echoes this: "All goals apart from the means are illusions."

Whatever you are trying...

shows you what you have not learned how to effortlessly do.

Some comments...

1. call your shot.

Close.

As a shooter, your most important job is... (Easy one.)

to call each shot.

Exactly. One right.

1. call the shot.

Close again. ;)

As a shooter, your most important job is to always call your shot.

And close again.

1. As a shooter, your most important job is to know right where the bullet will hit the target at the instant the shot fired.

2. A goal of practice should not be to accomplish anything, except to remember what you felt and saw while you held your attention in a specific place.

3. Whaterver you are trying, shall not be performed to its fullest potential. In an attempt to achieve anything, you are prevented from seeing it done while you are busy trying to do it.

Now here's where it gets tough. The game was defiined as "Whoever finishes each sentence as closely to as I would will be the winner."

So technically, rvb is the winner with one perfectly worded answer.

But, although not technically worded as mine were, all 3 of little_hahuna's answers are very close in meaning to my sentences.

So Merry Christmas, you're both winners. :)

Here's how to get your prizes out of my store without spending any money.

Drop $100 worth of items in the Cart from my Combo Deal page:

http://www.brianenos.com/store/combos.html

Then when you go to the Checkout Page, select "Mail/Fax/M.O./Check as the Payment Method. Fill in your name, email, phone, and shipping address, then hit the "copy address" buttom to copy that address into the billing fields. Leave all the credit card info empty/as it is, and submit the order. Oh, and be sure to put your name and that you were a December winner in the Customer Message field of the Checkout Page.

Thanks to ALL! All the contributions made this a fun thread.

be

But, although not technically worded as mine were, all 3 of little_hahuna's answers are very close in meaning to my sentences.

So in summary...

little_hahuna shot the stage as the designer intended and earned a win, but I was awarded a tie due to the way the Written Stage Brief was worded?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I am SUCH a GAMER ! :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

In all seriousness, it was a good exercise, Brian. I know I thought about them for a few minutes each. Not just "what would Brian say" but how they apply to me.

Thank you!

Not just for this, but for all your contributions.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

So in summary...

little_hahuna shot the stage as the designer intended and earned a win, but I was awarded a tie due to the way the Written Stage Brief was worded?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I am SUCH a GAMER !

In all seriousness, it was a good exercise, Brian. I know I thought about them for a few minutes each. Not just "what would Brian say" but how they apply to me.

Thank you!

Not just for this, but for all your contributions.

-rvb

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Brian! :bow:

I spent quite a bit of time using the Hanyd-Dandy Advanced Search Function lol. Definitely took some thought to figure out not just what Brian would say, but also "why"?

Very cool stuff

:cheers: rvb

:D

Thanks guys!

I like the new addition to your signature Nick!

:)