Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Blaster

JThompson

My new blaster finally got here!! Matt and I have been working covertly on a new C-More mount which will be going into production end of this week or beginning of next. The lens is still very close to the bore, but we have made it no more difficult than a regular mount to sight in. There is more clearance for holstering too. No crap of removing the slide to adjust your sight. All the adjustments can be made with allen and a screwdriver with no special tools. IE bent screwdriver. You will also be able to use a pedal on this mount along with a slide racker back on the left side of the gun!!

Here's the gun with a proto of the C-More on it. The gun is by CCGunworks and the mount is a collaboration by Matt and I. Basically we wanted to find a way to get rid of the 3D adjustment hell of the Barry and also not have to take the slide off to adjust the sight. We both went out and worked it out. I sent him a copy and he sent me one... guess what? We both had made the same damn mount. We were kind of shocked and decided to market it together.

I have taken to calling the mount the "Quinn 90"

1.jpg

Edited by JThompson

Pics of this type of 90 mount have been around for a while.

I think he's using the Barry mount. It's not 90 degrees, it's more like a 20 degree mount. Do a search on Barry mount - there is a thread talking about it.

look here

Edited by racerba

I think he's using the Barry mount. It's not 90 degrees, it's more like a 20 degree mount. Do a search on Barry mount - there is a thread talking about it.

look here

The Barry Mount is a 30 Degree I believe.

But the Esteban Custom and the Mount Jim and Matt

are working on is a true 90 Degree.

The Elevation adjutment would set windage and vice versa.

The Barry takes a little "out of the box thinking to get it set"

look here

This is correct... I have the proto running on my open gun now. I bolted it up and was 6 inched low at 15yds. I flipped the gun over and used my regular screwdriver to give it a couple turns and bingo... Man that was soooo nice not having to pull the slide and adjusting in X, Y and not Z is much better. :)

Edited by JThompson

Nice blaster :cheers:

But I still haven't decided if I like those cock-eyed mounts yet, guess I need to try one out <_<

Ya, Matt did a really nice job on this thing... I was putting stuff through the same hole last night... so much so I almost got called an Alpha Mike. I won last night's practice, but much of the good Open crew didn't show.

I decided to try the stock curved trigger and was not real happy with it, but am going to give it a couple weeks to see if it grows on me. Otherwise, I'm going to swap the long flat out of my other gun.

The mount really is the only one of it's kind. There should be some for sale end of next week.

look here

This is correct... I have the proto running on my open gun now. I bolted it up and was 6 inched low at 15yds. I flipped the gun over and used my regular screwdriver to give it a couple turns and bingo... Man that was soooo nice not having to pull the slide and adjusting in X, Y and not Z is much better. :)

IMO, if you're going to run the Barry mount you just need to get the windage adjustments

moved to the left side of the scope and be done with it. I'm not going to monkey around

with pulling the slide and making special little tools to get the job done.

Derek (MCguns) has set-up two guns for me and I can zero them as fast as a regular c-more now.

I'm sure Matt, Howard and most anyone handy with drills and tapping threads can do it.

Maybe the 90 mount will be even better. Will wait and see how it turns out.

There should be some for sale end of next week.
Advertising

The general forums are not for any advertising whatsoever.

Please do not advertise products or services for yourself or for others in your posts or your Signature, either with text, Avatars or images.

In addition, "Group Buys" are prohibited on Brian's Forums.

Sorry. No showcasing of future products. It's not fair to our paying dealers, nor to Brian.

If you have a product to sell, please see Brian about a dealer account.

- Admin.