Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas state carbine champ.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the match folks will ever cash my entry check...or if they got it...

Alex

Alex, they havent cashed mine either and I know they they got it, I handed it to them. We pre ran the stages two weeks ago, as usuall they needed a few tweeks. It looks to be a fun match but will be a busy day. Looking forward to seeing all you folks again.----------Larry

I wonder if the match folks will ever cash my entry check...or if they got it...

Alex

Alex Your App's has been recieved and all the money was turning in to the Tresures yesterday, he had been out of town.

Looking forward to see you all there

It was a great match last year, I was done by 2 pm.

Bring on the swingers and drop turners and throw in a couple of snapping clam shells, been there done that from a swinging bridge while dragging a dummy.

I'm going to shoot tactical, so best of luck, nothing personal if I dethrone you.

Hello: I helped to set up this mourning. There are some fun stages. I will be the score keeper on stage one so come by and say hi. As for Benny's post you have to be able to shoot the match with a busted up knee old man :roflol: The weather looks great for the weekend. Thanks, Eric

Talked with the Longhorn Restaurant Manager a bit ago and we're a "GO" for tomorrow evenings pre-match dinner.

See ya there!

Doug

Doug, what time should we arrive for dinner?

Dinner is at 8:00 PM; he said it'll probably be a bit tight on a SAT night, but that he wanted our business so he'd make it work.

Doug

Shooting on Sunday was pretty cool. First time in my shooting career I had a target pulled for review--woo hoo! Didn't end up getting the points, but who cares, it was a new expierence.

Note to self: next year shoot the steel stages when the sun is shining on then and not when it has them in a shadow. Was kinda embarrasing having a great run tarnished by not being able to find an 8" white painted plate in a Meopta scope. Gimme a while and I'm sure I'll be able to come up with a good excuse for it. Or find a way to blame it on Merlin...

Great, right up until the drive home with a broken tire pressure monitor bouncing around inside your wheel. Do you have any idea how long it takes to drive from Corpus to Beaumont at about 50 mph? <_<

Shooting on Sunday was pretty cool. First time in my shooting career I had a target pulled for review--woo hoo! Didn't end up getting the points, but who cares, it was a new experience.

Note to self: next year shoot the steel stages when the sun is shining on then and not when it has them in a shadow. Was kinda embarrassing having a great run tarnished by not being able to find an 8" white painted plate in a Meopta scope. Gimme a while and I'm sure I'll be able to come up with a good excuse for it. Or find a way to blame it on Merlin...

__________________________________________________________________________________________

___

<_<

The reason you had a hard time finding the target was all the dust you kick up flying into the prone position. :cheers: You moved very fast and got into the last position faster than any one with that "kick and drop" to the low window.

I haven't looked at many 223 holes in paper <_< But I thought it was a double too.

Nice shooting with you

Alamo

Edited by AlamoShooter

Your boat tail rifle bullets at 20 yards are not yet stabilized - hence the not perfect holes. :closedeyes:

Who do you think you are? (Insert name of world class whiner/bully "perfect double in every match" shooter) <_<;)

Edited by Merlin Orr

Doug: I am sorry I missed the dinner this year but I had a Cub Scout Pinewood derby race in the mourning and then I shot the match so I could keep score on Sunday. It all worked out though :cheers: Thanks, Eric

Eric,

Sorry you couldn't make dinner, but you certainly made the right choice with the Pinewood derby race - you don't get too many chances at those. Dinner had another good turnout - 24 or 25 folks; both the steak and the company were excellent.

Thanks to the great match staff who did all the work to put this together so we could play. It was especially cool to see the Stage 7 "Family Affair RO" crew - Mom, Dad, and Daughter all working together to RO a bunch of us 3-Gun nuts. Fantastic stages and not nearly the log-jams we saw last year - didn't see any instances of folks "stage jumping" this year, which was great.

Special kudos to the great stats crew - from last shot fired to results posted was something like 15 minutes?? All in all, a fun day and I appreciate all the work everyone put into making it happen. See ya'll again next year.

Doug J.

Your boat tail rifle bullets at 20 yards are not yet stabilized - hence the not perfect holes. :closedeyes:

Who do you think you are? (Insert name of world class whiner/bully "perfect double in every match" shooter) <_<;)

_________________________________ :sight: It wasn't even my target

Hey :goof: And, And, I didn't whine about nothing. I had Real Tiers and its Called Crying not whining if you can make tiers.

:blush: I think at least one of the stages Bully-ed me around, I should have checked my Crib-notes before I shot

Edited by AlamoShooter