Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Clubs that host USPSA matches in Titusville, FL?

cheers623

Hey guys,

I am from Titisuville, FL. I now live in Seattle and have been shooting USPSA for 4 years or so out here. My mom visited a while back and came to a few matches to watch my wife and me compete. Now she is hooked and wants to get in on the action. I have seen somewhere a mention of a top notch range in Titusville, FL where she lives still. Does anybody know anything about this range. I moved away over 10 years ago and don't know anyone there anymore. ANy help from the Florida contingent would be greatly appreciated. My mom is a total newbie but actually quite a good shot. She grew up on a farm like I did shooting for fun. You know, back in the good ol' days when EVERYONE had a gun and shot for fun, long before guns were only used for "EVIL" purposes. Well, enough ranting, any info would help me set her up and get her out on the range and I would be eternally grateful.

Happy thanksgiving,

Chris Olka

cheers623

Chris, just for your information USPSA has a "Club Finder" thread on their web sight. This is very helpful for something like your question or any other time you might want to locate a place to shoot on vacation or whatever. Also, IDPA (the other shooting organization) is set up to do the same thing.

FYI

Richard

Hey guys,

thanks for the feedback. I did check the USPSA club finder and it did not list this range which is why I posted. From the posts it sounds like this range is going to be great for her. I am jealous. I grew up in Titusville and went shooting with my high school buddies back in the day but never had a place like this to go!! We would have been in heaven. It almost makes me want to visit her just to get out of the rain and cold weather up here in WA state. I love the clubs here. We shoot at a different club every Sunday and all the matches are well run. the problem is the weather during this time of year. I remember Christmas days of 70 degrees and sunny down in Titusville. Sure would be a nice break from taping underneath plastic covers with cold wet fingers!!! Anyway, if I can convince her to get out there, when do they do safety checks for new shooters? She is not a member of USPSA yet but would like to try it out a few times before she joins. I have set her up with a G-34, 4 spare mags, a good solid belt, 2 double mag pouches, and a set of Peltor Tactical electronic ears. She is geared up, now she just needs a safety check and the match fee. It says the matches start at 9am. When should she be there for a safety check. Also, is there a match contact email address? Sorry for all of the questions, just want to cover my bases to make it smooth sailing for her.

Thanks for all of your help guys,

Chris

cheers623

DVC

Space Coast Practical Shooters is the club that puts on the USPSA matches at the Titusville range.

Shooters meeting is at 9:15 or so and walk through follows. Sign up starts around 8:30.

New shooters get a briefing after the shooters meeting.