Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 KY State Multigun

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay. I have been overwhelmed here lately and getting on the forum has been a luxury.

OK here's the info on the match hotel:

Best Western Lewisport, KY

9040 US Highway 60 W

Lewisport, KY 42351-7220

(270) 295-3234

Very close, about 5 minutes from the range. Dining options are very limited.

Owensboro Area:

Hampton Inn Owensboro

615 Salem Drive, Owensboro, Kentucky, USA 42303

Tel: +1-270-926-2006 Fax: +1-270-684-0330

Comfort Suites (KY106)

230 Salem Drive

Owensboro, KY, US, 42303

Phone: (270) 926-7675 Fax: (270) 926-7616

100% Smoke Free Hotel

Fairfield Inn

800 Salem Dr

Owensboro, KY 42303

(270) 688-8887‎

(270) 688-8078‎

Super 8

1027 Goetz Dr

Owensboro, KY 42301

(270) 685-3388‎

For those seeking adventure...

Owensboro Motel

1420 Triplett St

Owensboro, KY 42303

(270) 683-8805‎

I for one would like to see Chris Patty stay at this crack house. The review would be outstanding. For those that shoot Open you might want to bring a conceal carry pistol just to be on the safe side. You Heavy Metal guys should be good to go.

Also the match resturant is Texas Roadhouse. If you decide to eat there just tell them that you are here for the KY State Multigun and you will recieve a discount. Texas Roadhouse will provide peanuts same as last year. I'll just get twice as many this time. Also there will be reps from Sabre Defense and Brownells there for food and a few suds. I will have already shot the match so I will be for sure. :cheers:

We will also have the same BBQ folks as last year. These guys are over the top!!!

Chris Conley

Edited by Chris Conley

FYI, I stayed here last year:

Comfort Inn & Suites (IN214)

1355 N. Plaza Drive , Rockport, IN, US, 47635

Phone: (812) 649-2979 Fax: (812) 649-2082

It's a nice hotel that is a bit closer to the range than Owensboro, but has more food options than the Best Western. It's also a tad more convenient if you are arriving from the north.

Well Corey, add 1 more to that list! The previous match hotel at Benning was 2 floors with no elevator either.

Chris Patty needs to stay in lewisport only freaking 2 story hotel I've ever seen with out a elevator....I don't know how that makes building code with handicap rules.

Well Corey, add 1 more to that list! The previous match hotel at Benning was 2 floors with no elevator either.
Chris Patty needs to stay in lewisport only freaking 2 story hotel I've ever seen with out a elevator....I don't know how that makes building code with handicap rules.

Yeah, I don't know how they got around that code. As far as I understood it if its public and has a second floor or more it MUST have a elevator. The theory is if they book the lower floors full, which they will to people who know better, then a handycapped person shows up in a wheel chair they will have to make one of the guest on the lower floor move. Theoretically if they book the lower floors with people in wheel chairs and another wheel chair person shows up they will have to turn them away and that could cause a major problem.

OK DRIFT OFF SORRY B)

Tell City, In has a Holiday Inn Express and and a Ramada limited both are located behind the Mc donalds just 11 miles from the ranage. There are several fast food and some good places to eat close by. Lewisport is in a dry county in Kentucky, so it does not have much nightlife.

The stages are getting the finishing touches and should be out soon.

Edited by elynch2007

Tell City, In has a Holiday Inn Express and and a Ramada limited both are located behind the Mc donalds just 11 miles from the ranage. There are several fast food and some good places to eat close by. Lewisport is in a dry county in Kentucky, so it does not have much nightlife.

It was dry until we got finished with the match :cheers:

That's right!!!! :cheers:

Chris, being the great and gracious Kentuckian you are will we be having a large beer and bar-b-que event at your house the night before the match?

My application is in the mail as well, and I will be donating a bunch of cigars again.

Chris, being the great and gracious Kentuckian you are will we be having a large beer and bar-b-que event at your house the night before the match?

My application is in the mail as well, and I will be donating a bunch of cigars again.

Now wait just one dang minute....nobody said anything about anybody donating stogies last year!!!

Dave, you shooting HM again? I've signed up in HM for this match and the BRM3G, against my better judgement. :) I hope I heal between April 26 and May 23!

Nope!

I sold my HM rifle and will be shooting with the other lightweights!

Dave

Poor thing!!!

Mailed my match app today.

Dave

Wish I could be there but, I'll be pulling Spousal Maintainance duties in the Keys................Everyone needs to stop scheduling matches around my Anniversary. :angry2:

Sure, I wouldn't have it any other way. Will it be pork, chicken or both. :cheers: Should be the regular folks staying at the estate again.

Cigars will be nice!

Chris C.