- JP VTAC handguard

- JP LMOS w/ buffer

- JP Fire Control System w/ Hammer

- Rolling Thunder comp

- ACOG...for now

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Dave,

I started with chucking the lower into a mill and then just chamfering the magwell. From there it was just some shaving/opening of dimensions. Looks pretty stock actually, but I feel like there's a difference. :D

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Nice... I have a CTR-02 16" upper laying on my workbench, just waiting for optics and the lower to come back from JP.

Now, if I only can figure out what glass to buy, I might even have it up and running before BARC ;)

How did you open up the mag well? I can't find *any* gunsmith/machinist that is willing to do it. Even more annoying, I can't even get a reason why, just a "no".

Most likely they don't want to be bothered to figure out how to hold it. If they can't buy a fixture, it can't be done :wacko:

Nice boomstick Rich, me like it. A 16" middy JP...me wanna try. Let me know if you'll be sighting it in at Richmond, I want to compare it to an 18". Thanks

I'll let you try mine, if you can find me an RO for the 200y range ;)

post-8221-1227120198_thumb.jpg

Norbs,

To add it to the mix. Once I get it broke in and loads worked up, basically here's the comparisons that need to be made:

- My ol' reliable 18" as it sits now (standard BCG & Buffer)

- 18" w/ JP LMOS

- 16" middy as is

- 16" middy w/ standard BCG & Buffer

- Then of course just grippin' and rippin' with both. ;):D

Rich

Most likely they don't want to be bothered to figure out how to hold it. If they can't buy a fixture, it can't be done :wacko:

I've asked one of the best machinists/gunsmiths in the country (who does a lot of work for other nationally-known gunsmiths) and was refused w/o an explanation. The shop that built my AR10 (likewise, a nationally known AR builder) similarly refused w/o an explanation. Can anyone give me a name of a person who knows what they are doing and would be willing to help a dumb, Holiday Inn Express-educated, attorney out?

Nice boomstick Rich, me like it. A 16" middy JP...me wanna try. Let me know if you'll be sighting it in at Richmond, I want to compare it to an 18". Thanks

I'll let you try mine, if you can find me an RO for the 200y range ;)

Nice HB! I'm planning to be at the range the Friday after Thanksgiving hoping to use the 200 yards for sighting in. I need to get my keys from Tom.

Norbs,

To add it to the mix. Once I get it broke in and loads worked up, basically here's the comparisons that need to be made:

- My ol' reliable 18" as it sits now (standard BCG & Buffer)

- 18" w/ JP LMOS

- 16" middy as is

- 16" middy w/ standard BCG & Buffer

- Then of course just grippin' and rippin' with both. ;):D

Now you're talking! Let me know when.