Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What was that thing called?

oregonshooter

I remember seeing a tube mounted on the side of a shotgun (Remy 1100?) that allowed the user to hit a paddle and release a shell into his hand near the loading gate.

Basically it was an exterior mounted shotgun tube magazine.

Did those ever make it to production? Can someone point me to a picture or video of it?

Thanks!

It's not worth a dime to me, but I was in a conversation with a recent TR shotgun grad and I was pointing out that most innovations in equipment come from competition and not the "tactical" side of things.

One was a shell holder that is impervious to dropping shells with rigorous movement. Behold "The Tube."

Okay, but how does it "feel" shooting and transitioning with all that extra weight out there on the end of the gun? ONe of the things I like about a sidesaddle is that the weight is centered up over the receiver, balanced and for lack of a better term, neutralized, if you get my drift.... :wacko:

you can also call Grant with Nordic components, he had one on his SG the last time I saw him. You might get a good idea of its effectiveness.

Trapr

Not to my knowledge, or if he did, it ain't on there anymore.

Had a guy show up to my shotgun training class with 'the Tube' on his shotgun. Afterwards, he kinda figured out that it was a little too much weight and that he now had to learn 3 different loading techniques as the the tube didn't hold enough capacity for most stages. He also loaded off his belt and a chest rig. He figured that trying to remember on a stage where he had to go for ammo was NOT the thing to do.

You know...having to THINK in the middle of a stage.....can anyone really do that??