Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Ladies

carinab

Today we had a ladies day at the range at my shooting club. There were five lady instructors and we had over 30 students show up! And this was our "first" one! Guess we have a need to fill. :P We weren't sure what to expect as far as skill level, but after the safety briefing and a review of fundamentals, we divided up the shooters and headed out to the range. The starters did an awesome job and we rarely had to correct anyone for muzzle or finger. The more experienced shooters were also very good showing a good understanding of marksmanship.

I am sorry I had to miss A4 this year but I wouldn't trade places....teaching this class has got me all fired up! I did a great deal of it when I lived in San Diego but haven't done it consistently here in Texas. I loved watching the ladies get so enthusiastic! We were fifteen minutes over the stop time but when I asked, everyone wanted to shoot another relay...Despite the 45 degree temperature and the 18 mph winds! I hope I inspired them as much as they inspired me.

Seriously outstanding, good times! :cheers:

Thank you to TheGirl (and any other BE lurkers who helped teach today) !

I'm glad to hear that it went so well. Great job! :cheers:

Going to ring some steel tomorrow? :devil:

One day in the freezing cold is enough....That's an excuse, I actually have a desk to finish building so I'll be in my garage freezing this morning....

Jamie, we had soooo many layers on that it'd be like looking through this month's issue of Igloo Attire. The only clue that would tell you it was a group of women shooting in the cold would be the occasional matching faux cheetah mux and hat. :P

Today we had a ladies day at the range at my shooting club. There were five lady instructors and we had over 30 students show up! And this was our "first" one! Guess we have a need to fill. :P We weren't sure what to expect as far as skill level, but after the safety briefing and a review of fundamentals, we divided up the shooters and headed out to the range. The starters did an awesome job and we rarely had to correct anyone for muzzle or finger. The more experienced shooters were also very good showing a good understanding of marksmanship.

I am sorry I had to miss A4 this year but I wouldn't trade places....teaching this class has got me all fired up! I did a great deal of it when I lived in San Diego but haven't done it consistently here in Texas. I loved watching the ladies get so enthusiastic! We were fifteen minutes over the stop time but when I asked, everyone wanted to shoot another relay...Despite the 45 degree temperature and the 18 mph winds! I hope I inspired them as much as they inspired me.

Seriously outstanding, good times! :cheers:

Thank you to TheGirl (and any other BE lurkers who helped teach today) !

:bow:

This thread needs pictures.

:devil: