Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Fast Are You?

The stage description did not specify any shots had to be fired thru the right or left ports. So unless the steel could not be seen from the bottom port, I would engage everything thru the bottom. However, if the steel could not be seen from the bottom, well, that's another matter.

I would guess about 6-7 seconds limited.

2-3 seconds to get to the port open it and shoot the steel, .6 transition to the first paper. .2-.23 for each paper A hit and another .6 to the last steel.

This is of course assuming you could see the target all from one port and the targets are 10-15 yards.

This is one from the Tri-State Section match that is coming up this weekend. (if anybody can save the image as a .jpg and email it to me, I'll post it on here.)

I am guessing that you won't be able to see the steel from the start box. Looks like you will have to move left for PP1, and right for PP2.

The poppers activate the ports, which open, then close (they are suppose to stay open for about 1.5 seconds according to the setup notes).

Nobody's gonna try it? :)

In practice today, I shot a simile of one side in 2.67

That's one steel at 15 yards, then 6 on three paper and one more steel to the left of the last paper.

My idea was to go outside in and shoot the center paper once each time.

There's JUST enough time at 1.5, no mistakes allowed. :)

If it's closer to 2 seconds on the port it's much easier.

If the steel can be seen prone that may be the way to go.

SA

Well, i was around when they were testing this one a few weeks ago...since then they have refined it greatly with hydraulics, etc.

While the description says 1.5 seconds, if it works the way it did back when I tried it for grins and giggles, er, um....hope it isn't too wet for when i go prone....

Now i don't know how they have tweaked it...if it takes 1.5 to open and some more time to close, or the 1.5 is open and close....

I was playing with numbers...say you hit the steel, depending on how it is set, etc, you have, let's say, .20 to get your sights over to the first target. Say all splits and transitions are .20. In 1.5 seconds you get what, 7 shots off? The delay between the time you activate the steel and the port opens will be interesting....

What is to stop a shooter from hitting the activator, and when the window opens...just sticking your arm/gun thru the window and holding it open...then shooting everything from one port?

:D:D:D:D

unless they consider the blockage equipment failure........

Knowing the way they set things up, that fault line in front of that port is there for a reason. Might get the front of the pistol thru....

Steve, port is white, may be!

They changed the time on it...4.5 to 5 seconds now. Much more do-able. Watched the RO's shoot it today...several ways to do it, some Mikes in there as well for them.

I wish that this site allowed me to link to my page, have some nice pics of that and other stages.

Yep, looks like they did!

It surprised me. Much more time than I thought...that 4.5/5 seemed like it was forever. Got all my shots off and learned a bit...didn't have to go prone. Most of the folks who went prone, that I saw, ran it in the 20's....

I would have loved to see Phil's run.

There was time for improvement on mine...I got on the right steel a little clunky, waited forever for the port to open, got on the far right paper and just unleashed the caspian smg just ahead of the port. Shot the left steel as it was closing.

I actually Riverdanced after scoring...there was room for improvement there too. :)

I wonder if Phil shot em outside in?

SA

I had the benefit (or curse, as it worked out) of watching Steve shoot it first.

He went right for the right activator, then to the right window. He then waited as the window opened all the way to the right, and he started on T7 and worked his way left to T1, and then the left popper. He had just enough time.

I knew me and my Limited Glock weren't going to get the splits and transitions that Steve was able to nail down with the Open Caspian (and he wasn't shooting all alphas, so I didn't have a chance going right to left).

So, I went to the right for the activator, then the right window. I decided I was going to shoot to the right as the window opened, then to the left as the window closed. My plan had me going T5>T6>T7, then T4 thru T1, then the left popper thru the window.

When I shot it, T3 ended up being the first target I saw. So, I went from T3 to T7, Then (this was the tough part), had to find the target I hadn't shot yet. Took a fraction too long getting back to T2 and T1. I was on the left popper and called the hit...as the window closed. The window had a No-shoot on it...which I was about an inch into. I had called the steel though, and kinda expected to hear it fall (but the window had a double layer of plywood as a backing to the no-shoot). So...I stood there for almost two seconds... ...then decided I had better drop down and hit that popper through the prone port.

If I had it over...I would have shot T3 thru T7 thru the right window, then dropped to the low port for the left popper and T1 & T2. There was plenty of room to get them thru the low port. Trying to shoot much more thru the low port would have involved too much body shifting on the ground.

I saw no reason to go to the left side.

Phil's plan was to shoot the right activator, then the far left 2-3 targets while the port opens, swing to the far right target and work back to the centeras the port is closing then take the left popper. Seemed to be the best thought out plan. I didn't see his run but that is the way we discussed shooting it. Everything was going good until I lost my dot. Thought it was just from being rusty but 3 or 4 stages later found out the sight was loose and losing contact causing the dot to go on and off.

There's a third on the way of me missing swingers and Flex drawing from from a locked holster. (not our best work :))

Likely a stage win for Steve in Open...without the miss.

Likely a stage win for me in Limited...without the brain fade/locked holster.

Oh well. There will be more stages.