Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There will be two stages with rifle targets 200-500 yards. The targets are LaRue and MGM Flash.

Thanks for all the information. I am totally stoked for this match!

Can you share the max number of shotgun rounds in any one stage? I am considering shooting my Saiga, and need to Know if I have enough mag capacity.

You will be required to crawl on yer belly and get into some crazy shooting positions and was trying to look out for the shooter to keep their Mags out of the dirt and mud. If you are having a problem with "real estate" come see me at the Match.

You can carry mags in your back pocket or cargo pocket if'n you need to.

You should be okay with 2 x Pistol Mag holders and 1 x Rifle Mag holders.

This a'int IDPA!

I have worn rifle mags on my back for years. I can reach it with off hand and my buddy can reach it if he needs it.

No restrictions for LE.

Thanks for the info. I'll modify my gear and start practicing to get used to it.

One AR mag shouldn't be a problem; I was worried about fitting two or three.

Can you share the max number of shotgun rounds in any one stage? I am considering shooting my Saiga, and need to Know if I have enough mag capacity

Yes, any where from 18 to 9. However, you will be required to engage slug targets mixed in with shot targets.

If this is supposed to be a realistic tactical match with practical application of equipment and scenarios, why does everybody modify there regular equipment to accomedate specific courses of fire for each specific match. I would kinda think if the stage designs remained blind and unknown until the match, it would simulate the concept of fighting with what you have on or in your gun. I decided early on to run what I use all the time for this match and all others. I've been working holds and practicing with what I have on my gun without any special mods for this specific match like I always have. Yeh, that's right I'll be the chump with an aimpoint and NO magnifier and an extra mag in one of my pants pockets shooting at the 500. Not to start a whirlwind of crap from the "full time competitors", just a question. Hence the question, I thought this was "tactical" match.

JV

If this is supposed to be a realistic tactical match with practical application of equipment and scenarios, why does everybody modify there regular equipment to accomedate specific courses of fire for each specific match. I would kinda think if the stage designs remained blind and unknown until the match, it would simulate the concept of fighting with what you have on or in your gun.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm modifying my gear only to the extent necessary to conform to the match rules since my current rig doesn't.

<_< The last few post do sound Tactical, But one of the oldest strategist Sun Tzu -The Art of War says to get all the information about the enemy and don't enter an even fight. Enemy to me is the target & the stage. I plan to be prepared with the rite cloths and ammunition. If I have to hit a target at 500 yards that is 10" I will bring ammo that shoots 5" or better at 600 yards and I will bring twice what is required.

If they are keeping score its still a game

<_< The last few post do sound Tactical, But one of the oldest strategist Sun Tzu -The Art of War says to get all the information about the enemy and don't enter an even fight. Enemy to me is the target & the stage. I plan to be prepared with the rite cloths and ammunition. If I have to hit a target at 500 yards that is 10" I will bring ammo that shoots 5" or better at 600 yards and I will bring twice what is required.

And, oh yes, if I'm flying out to Texas, we will be keeping score. :roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Statistician

And, oh yes, if I'm flying out to Texas, we will be keeping score. :roflol:

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Match Statistician

And I bet you bring the very best equipment and materials for the job too, :bow:

In fact you were so good at score keeping you had my screw-ups scored before I completed the course of fire.

:yawn: Max!Time! tell him to clear his gun :blush:

Edited by AlamoShooter

If this is supposed to be a realistic tactical match with practical application of equipment and scenarios, why does everybody modify there regular equipment to accomedate specific courses of fire for each specific match. I would kinda think if the stage designs remained blind and unknown until the match, it would simulate the concept of fighting with what you have on or in your gun. I decided early on to run what I use all the time for this match and all others. I've been working holds and practicing with what I have on my gun without any special mods for this specific match like I always have. Yeh, that's right I'll be the chump with an aimpoint and NO magnifier and an extra mag in one of my pants pockets shooting at the 500. Not to start a whirlwind of crap from the "full time competitors", just a question. Hence the question, I thought this was "tactical" match.

JV

Hell, I modified everything! :roflol:

Open sights switched to an optic w/magnifier. New gas block (thanks!)

Dremeled out my brand new FN SLP's loading port, and jacked up the sights a quarter inch.

Even gonna bring a pistol I haven't shot in 6 months too. (single stack just doesn't feel right for this one)

And I must face it.....Changing up stuff is part of the fun of guns for me.

I figure I'd rather have my equipment crap on me during a match, and not in the real world. :cheers:

Besides, I imagine it'll be more fun than we can shake a stick at!

BTW, Don't let this guy fool ya, Something tells me he can ding targets at 500 with his aimpoint all day long :roflol:

Ok Ok I can hit targets at 500yds. with an aimpoint and NO magnifier, but that's because I've run pretty much the same setup up for several years and have gotten proficient with it. And admittedly I went through a few different things to find the equipment setup I currently have years ago to find what worked for me. I guess I should clarify. My thought process is that your equipment should pretty much be setup to handle the broadest spectrum of things within the most courses of fire possible, not different for every match depending on a specific course of fire. That sounds dangerously close to "gaming". It's hard to get good with equipment if the configuration is always changing. But hey, I'm a good sport, bring what ya want and see if it works for ya. That's what my club is all about and Kyle is right in saying that that's where you want to find out about whether your equipment works or not, in a match not in the "real world". I'm getting excited about the match and look forward to seeing everyone and shooting with them.

JV

Gaming? The match rules don't allow me to use the gun I keep by the bed to shoot feral dogs and those damn racoons...my bedroom is dangrous :ph34r: Anyway, what I consider a perfectly reasonable "farm gun," or even one of my favorite carry pistols...is not allowed in this match. No problem, I have more guns.

So I had to reconfigure to comply with the rules...that is part of the fun!

Alex

Boy I wish I could hit stuff at 500 yards with an Aim-Point with NO magnification. Thank goodness the IRON SIGHTS I use all the time are the perfect magnification and NEVER need batteries, but they are only good out to around 600 or so. I will admit however I reconfigure gear at an alarming rate, the last major change was in 99 when I stopped shooting my M1A with IRON SIGHTS in competition and switched over to the AR.....with IRON SIGHTS...ahhh but such is the life of a complete "Gamer" as oposed to the true "Tactition".

Now I will be the first to admit I have changed a bunch of the minor stuff for example barrels. I usually change my rifle barrel every year or so, cause the old one is shot out, My pistol is on it's 3rd barrel and just had a new frame put on, and now that that one is back the back up gun needs a new barrel as well, come to think of it the only gun that hasn't changed is the M1 Benelli shotgun from 97....cause it isn't shot out yet.

Now you have got me thinking that I need an Aim-Point with NO magnification so I can hit targets at 500....oh wait I'm doing that now WITHOUT batteries. Well maybe someday I will get good with the gear I have. I am glad you are now here to show us the error of our ways :roflol: KurtM

:angry2: Yo yo YO! Kurtm you not even shootin ThisUn ,

Besides I can miss more shots than you, AAnd do it slower with a 4 power scope. :P Iron sights are for shooters with Skill , I am just sanding it-so Trapr will make me a good deal on an old set of Irons for my flat top.

That song 'Mama Told Me Not to Come' keeps playing in my head -After- I shoot a 3 gun stage :o .

Game or no game,, I always keep tinkering with this and that. just to try and make my equipment better.

IMHO 3 gun, Guns are set up for the widest range of possible engagements of any type of target. Game or no Game.

That is a real draw that makes 3 Gun interesting! I have not shot 500 Yards in a 3 Gun match, it is going to be interesting.

Jim M ammo

Tactics Schmac-tics, they are like a$$holes...everyone has 'em.

Let me wade in here fellas. I was raised shooting and putting on 3 Gun by the likes of Kyle Lamb, Todd S., OG, Rick P., and a few others. We always think outside the box making the courses of fire challenging to all levels of shooters.

Here is my philosophy for putting on any shooting event, it is all about the Shooter and you are going to learn a thing or two and I will make you think. You will have fun and it will challenge you in every aspect. I want to raise yer pulse and force you into all kinds of crazy positions and scenerios, shorten the learning curve so to say.

Let me tell you, it a'int always sunny and 60 in a Gun fight! It does not matter if you are a once a month shooter or an instructor that spends 300 days a year on the road trying to transfer your craft and experience to others.

You don't have to change a thing, I don't. I shoot the same stuff I have been shooting fer years...Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun. Align the sights and press the trigger, it is all good.