Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Punk AZZ thieves

hopalong

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you get your gun back.

I recovered a gun that was given to me by my father that passed away. The gun was recovered, after being buried for 10 years. I rebuilt the gun and it's on my hip every day now.

Here's to hoping you recover your gun, maybe sooner than it took for mine to come home. Funny thing is, I was in a totally new house, but the SPD was still able to send me a letter.

????

Some strange stuff does happen. Guy I shoot with who was a police officer had his house broken into in mid 70s and a bunch of stuff stolen including a custom winchester model 12 trap gun. The guy was caught and when he went to talk with the guy he said he didnt know where his gun went. In 2006 he gets his shotgun back in the original case it was stolen in, perfect contition with the stock and barrels uncut. Talk about luck there

Sam,

So sorry. I'll be visiting the wife's folks the weekend before Thanksgiving, Nov 22&23. Tell me what cofiguration you want and I'll have an AR for you to borrow. We can hook up somewhere in the middle on Saturday morning. Need any mags? I have an extra weaver 1x-3x I can put on a flattop if you need optics.

Give me a call.

Chad

Thank god this didn't happen to you in Massachusetts.

As long as it's (a) not a loaded handgun, and (B) you mention the trigger lock or locked case when the gun was stolen, you'd survive this in MA. Mention the gun was not locked up and you're now the defendant rather than victim.

A friend had an Ed Brown 45 stolen from his condo. Amazingly enough, he got it back along with the grand jury minutes of indictment of the person caught carrying it in NYC as well as the miscreant's death certificate (shot 8 times with a 45 while out on bail for the gun charge).

Good News!!!! Talked with Hopalong a few minutes ago and the Punk AZZ thieves were also Dumb AZZ thieves and tried to sell his guns at a pawn shop a few towns over. Hop is out of town on work but has been contacted about getting his guns back.

I expect a What I Like thread when Hop gets back into town. :cheers:

That is good to hear. A few years ago, someone's Modified gun (one of only about 3 in the country at the time) was stolen out of his car at a match. The dumb a$$ drug addict who stole it tried to pawn it. The pawn shop owner took one look at the gun and promptly called the police.