Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm thinking about picking one of these up with the 5" barrel. It is just a .22 auto but I don't own any guns in this caliber. Plus, every so often they do .22 matches at my range and I have to sit those nights out. Can't have that happen. Plus, for about $250 I can pick one of these up brand new. Along with that I can let my fiance use it when we go shooting. I think the light recoil would be much better for her and easier for her to shoot. Anyone have one of these and if so how is it?

Pete

I had one, enjoyed it for the last two years. Used it at some steel matches. Found it ran okay, but I traded it for an AA conversion for my G34.

Found that it's controls were unlike any of my other pistols and, while it was a cute, fun and accurate gun, I wanted something to aid my training.

FWIW, I just saw a brand new Ruger Mk II (the all-metal one, not the 22-45 with the plastic frame) for $250 *with* adjustable sights. I'd take that over a funky euro-plinker any day.

And, yes, the Ruger 22-45 is hideously accurate considering what it is. My buddy just stretched out his pistol range to 45 yards, just to make shooting that sucker interesting.

For heaven's sake, DON'T buy a Sig Trailside. I bought one a couple years ago. What a POS....

I owned a Walther P22 and it was a total and complete piece of crap. The trigger pull was horrendously heavy and accuracy sucked wind even with the "target" barrel setup. I ditched it and bought a used Ruger MKII for the kids to shoot. The Ruger is hands down a better firearm in every way. The trigger is better and it is MUCH more accurate.

BTW - I also own a Ruger 22/45 and it is a great .22 that is every bit as good as my MKII.

-ld

Mine was the 5" version. DA came in a bit after around 500 or so rounds. SA was always nice.

It was accurate, but when I shot my wife's Ruger, the extra weight and feel put the Walther to shame. While many had problems with it, I really did not. I also wanted to let my daughter shoot it, but she really did not like it...just a little to small for her hands.

If you got one for less, it might be worthwhile.

Mine runs 100% with CCI Mini Mag .22. I have found this ammo to be the best for small .22 handguns (Beretta M21) and .22 conversion kits , CZ75 Kadet and Advantage Arms Glock .22 kits. They all ran perfectly with this ammo.

The P22 is a tackle box knockaround gun. I would not expect it to be on a par with Ruger Mk 2 .22's for accuracy.

Guest Larry Cazes

I've had a 22/45 for quite a few years and must have 15K-20K rounds through it. It is surprisingly accurate and keeps shooting no matter what. I haven't cleaned it since January and my wife has put probably 3K rounds through it since then and it just keeps functioning. No question, my favorite 22 semi auto pistol.