Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI edge one piece guide rod

BlakeM

Lock the slide, put a paper clip in the hole on the side of the guide rod, then release the slide.

D

Thats the problem Im running into. I cant find the hole that is being referred to in the manual. I have taken the slide off of the gun and I and working on the guide rod itself.

Blake

Lock the slide, put a paper clip in the hole on the side of the guide rod, then release the slide.

D

Thats the problem Im running into. I cant find the hole that is being referred to in the manual. I have taken the slide off of the gun and I and working on the guide rod itself.

Blake

Do you have the little plastic take down tool?

Go to the STI webpage and do a search. I believe it gives you step by step directions. If not, PM me and I will walk you through it.

It's a good idea to get someone to show you how the first time. It will keep you from doing anything potentially hazardous to you or the firearm. I'm sure there is someone close to you that wouldn't mind showing you.

If it's a stock Edge, it doesn't have a one-piece guiderod...it has a Recoilmaster (spit...lol). When you pull the slide back a Recoilmaster has a thin rod with a thick, sorta bulb at the end. You'll need the little green or black plastic part that came with the gun to take it apart. Lock the slide back and pop the plastic part on the end of the rod and you're set.

Yeah it is a recoilmaster- you need to lock the slide to the rear and place that little green plastic tool in, then release the slide and disassemble. I see the tool in your picture. In your case it is black...

post-5009-1225247005_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rocket35

Yeah it is a recoilmaster- you need to lock the slide to the rear and place that little green plastic tool in, then release the slide and disassemble. I see the tool in your picture. In your case it is black...

post-5009-1225247005_thumb.jpg

your plastic tool is on the wrong way. compress the recoilmaster as far as you can and install the plastic tool on to the guide rod so its installed like the picture above.

Blake,

Yosh is right. You have the plastic tool on upside down. Flip it over the other way then it should allow you to draw the recoil master guide rod out in the direction of the barrel link. You might need to rotate it as it comes back and out.

Blake,

Get you some KG Industries cleaning solvents to clean your barrel with. I can guarantee you'll not find anything faster at removing copper and carbon fouling out of your barrel without causing damage to it. You need the KG-1 and the KG-12. The products are unbelievable and that's not just my opinion, there are tests to prove it!!!

• 5 weeks later...