Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our ICORE match, Louisville, KY area

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude the flying is free and not a problem. The drive is normal to drive to a match.

That is however the reason i am trying to avoid a hotel.

But hell i will be shooting that may be worth it. :-)

I have done crazier things to shoot.

Dude the flying is free and not a problem. The drive is normal to drive to a match.

That is however the reason i am trying to avoid a hotel.

But hell i will be shooting that may be worth it. :-)

I have done crazier things to shoot.

I'm sure Dave would let you sleep in the kennel :roflol:

I just spoke with Zookeeper. For the last match we are shooting "concealed carry" K frames for this match. It should be wicked fun!

Dave

For the side match? Or on a stage? Me likey moonclips, me no likey speedloaders.

H.

For the match! I don't like speed loaders either but 200 rounds through a carry gun is good practice.

Additionally, what a great excuse after you stomp us all (again!) :P

Dave

I just spoke with Zookeeper. For the last match we are shooting "concealed carry" K frames for this match. It should be wicked fun!

Dave

For the side match? Or on a stage? Me likey moonclips, me no likey speedloaders.

H.

For the match! I don't like speed loaders either but 200 rounds through a carry gun is good practice.

Dave

Well hell, I don't have a J-frame or K-frame anything. How about I bring a black powder revolver and we call it even?

H.

Dave

H.

Dave

Well hell, I don't have a J-frame or K-frame anything. How about I bring a black powder revolver and we call it even?

H.

Man....I just get a cool new toy and now can't use it at the last match of the year....guess I'll have to shoot cinnci cause I ain't shooting 200 rounds through my airlight lol.

Dave

H.

Dave

H.

Man....I just get a cool new toy and now can't use it at the last match of the year....guess I'll have to shoot cinnci cause I ain't shooting 200 rounds through my airlight lol.

If you want to borrow a wheelgun, let me know. Plan B-make Hoppy drive up here to shoot the match!

Dave

Dave

Dave

H.

Dave

H.

If I were shooting my 8 shot 627 and you were shooting a black powder revolver, I might have a chance!

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

I believe Airedale was being a weisenheimer, I see no mention of pocket guns on the semi-official announcement at glocktalk:

Here is the information of the November 23, ICORE match.

This will be the last match until early spring.

The match will consist of 8 stages with a minimum round count of 216. Recommendation would be to have 250+ for pickups or an unlikely stage reshoot. Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with shooting beginning at 10:30 a.m.

We will also have a shotgun side match. Shooters will need 3 Trap loads and 2 slugs minimum per run. Entry fee is $5.00 per run with a payout of 50% to first place and 25% for second. The side match will begin at 8:45 and run until the ICORE match begins.

I believe Airedale was being a weisenheimer, I see no mention of pocket guns on the semi-official announcement at glocktalk:

Correct! Zookeeper and I will be shooting k/l frames for this match. There is no requirement to shoot them. We are doing it for fun.

See you Sunday!

Dave

Houngan,

Do I need to be an ICORE member to shoot in your match on the 23rd. I'd like to know before I drive down from Columbus Ohio. This would be my first ICORE match.

Not at all, membership is only necessary to have the classifier count, but you can certainly shoot the match without being a member.

H.

At least two of us and more than likely three of us will be getting up wwaayyy before the rooster and driving down from Michigan for this match. A 6 hour drive one way, but we think it'll be well worth it.

We also think there's a certain Tennessean that has perhaps half that commute.

What do you say Hop?????

Sue and Steve

At least two of us and more than likely three of us will be getting up wwaayyy before the rooster and driving down from Michigan for this match. A 6 hour drive one way, but we think it'll be well worth it.

We also think there's a certain Tennessean that has perhaps half that commute.

What do you say Hop?????

Sue and Steve

Wow! That's dedication.

Temps are suppossed to hit 50 deg. tomorrow. It will be cold in the morning though.

It will be fun.

Dave

Steve,

They don't allow me in Kentucky with a gun more than 2 times a year. <_<

Giving the deer a hard time this weekend, sorry maybe next time though (with a little more lead time)

Oh, and it is 5 hrs for me to Silvercreek range.

Hop

Fun match today, first chance I've had to shoot Revolver in a long time. Great shooting with Dave, JT, Rick and the Ohio guys.... Even got Jeremy out to play.

That X ring will remind you it pays to shoot accurately.

Would have been fun to get the rest of the Lexington gang out but it looks like they have decided to give up the Way of the Wheel Gat.

I have to give props to Dave for leaving me a message about 20 minutes after I got home that he had bobbed the hammer on my Taurus....were you grinding away on the drive home?

I think it lived up to my description, a big match with a lot of variety. (note: I'm lazy and don't help to set up, so I get no credit for the match.) Two steel challenge stages, a big falling steel stage, three field courses with a ton of rounds, and a classifier. What more can you ask?

Thanks to the uber-dedicated folks from Ohio and Michigan that showed up.

H.

Dave and Houngan, thanks for putting on a great event. It was our first ICORE match and we really enjoyed it. It was tough getting my son to put his open glock down for a week but even he had a lot of fun. I really liked the X count stages. Due to distance It will probably be a once a year match for us-- but we will be back. Please keep us posted on BE when you plan to put on one of your bigger ICORE events.

The Ohio guys.

Ron put on another great match. This was a 216 round (minimum) completed in about 3 1/2 hours. The stages were challenging and fun.

Zookeeper and I shot it with 3" fixed sight K frames. It was a great way to really test the carry guns. It's not a great way to be competitive!

Stu (Cyl. challenged) and his son had the misfortune of squadding with me and some of the Lexington mafia. I am sure they were intimidated by our incredibly serious nature :roflol:

Sue, Sarah, and Steve made a long trip down from Michigan. They admitted to knowing LaFave and damaged their crediblity. Sarah shot her open bottom feeder and looked as though she was shooting well.

I hope Ron and Silver Creek continue this in the spring.

Dave