Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Our ICORE match, Louisville, KY area

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an awesome match. The official round count was 207. I doubt that anyone fired less than ~220 rounds.

The stages were challenging. The weak hand stage was something like 28 rounds run and gun-interesting test of skills!

The November ICORE match is said to be the last of the season for ICORE here. It should be fun.

Dave

So how far is it from the airport?

A hop skip and a jump....say 10 minutes or so depending on traffic through louisville.

I was just looking I would have to fly in the night before and spend the night. Because the earliest flight Delta has out of ATL don't get in until 10;55. That means a rental car and a hotel.

Don't think I am nuts I work for Delta and fly free. I have done crazier things for less. :roflol:

Bad luck, since it's a five-Saturday and five-Sunday month, there's nothing going on that weekend. Outlaw match, anyone? I need to show Mark how to reload left-handed.

H.

Ooooouch...............

we have the Production/SS/Revo match on the 30th of Nov if you'll be in there?

I don't think I have anything that weekend, so absolutely. Mark, you up for the 30th in Lexington? It's only an hour and a half to a lefthand spanking. ;)

H.

p.s. For those who don't know, Mark used to live in Louisville and mocked my poor revolver's trigger mercilessly. Of course, his triggers feel like they're about 2 pounds, so he had the right.

I don't think I have anything that weekend, so absolutely. Mark, you up for the 30th in Lexington? It's only an hour and a half to a lefthand spanking. ;)

H.

p.s. For those who don't know, Mark used to live in Louisville and mocked my poor revolver's trigger mercilessly. Of course, his triggers feel like they're about 2 pounds, so he had the right.

And for the others who don't know, I believe that Matt has upgraded from an old farm junker 625, to a Carmoney Competition 625.........

It was a lot easier to spank him when he was outgunned.

He also failed to mention that he has spanked me with a Glock against my Race Gun. I was on suicide watch for a week after that. :roflol:

If I still lived in KY, Matt would be a great training buddy. :cheers:

H.

And for the others who don't know, I believe that Matt has upgraded from an old farm junker 625, to a Carmoney Competition 625.........

He also failed to mention that he has spanked me with a Glock against my Race Gun. I was on suicide watch for a week after that. :roflol:

Up until Sunday Mike's gun was my backup, because I'm too cheap/lazy/stupid to get an FO sight on the thing. The farm 625 is a bit smoother these days, although nothing like your silly .38. You should go into business, do one gun a month and let the word get out. I hope you can make it at Thanksgiving.

H.

H.

Up until Sunday Mike's gun was my backup, because I'm too cheap/lazy/stupid to get an FO sight on the thing. The farm 625 is a bit smoother these days, although nothing like your silly .38. You should go into business, do one gun a month and let the word get out. I hope you can make it at Thanksgiving.

H.

The word is there won't be just 2 625s there if you guys show up..... :rolleyes:

I am still trying to figure out how to make this match.

How far is it from Cinci airport?

I am trying to avoid a hotel room.

What are some airports other than Louisville?

Edited by vrmn1

Lex, and cinnci are the big ones that delta would use. THere is one here in frankfort but unless you have a small....very small plane it ain't happening.

Lex, and cinnci are the big ones that delta would use. THere is one here in frankfort but unless you have a small....very small plane it ain't happening.

I was lookiong Lex may work I will look at this more.

Everywhere else is 1 1/2 hour, I'm afraid. If you can get into Lville and out of the airport by 10:15, you would be good to go.

H.

Everywhere else is 1 1/2 hour, I'm afraid. If you can get into Lville and out of the airport by 10:15, you would be good to go.

H.

I just looked, CVG is my only hope to get there without spending the night.

The earliest flight in to L-ville don't get in until almost 11.

I can get to CVG at 8:10 which give me time to drive over.

I will see what i can work out.

H.

Now I'm worried I've overstated the match, if you're will to fly and then drive 1.5 hours. :)

H.

H.

Now I'm worried I've overstated the match, if you're will to fly and then drive 1.5 hours. :)

H.

You didn't overstate anything. If the November match is similar to October, it is similar to a sectional (round count wise). The stages were good (if not ornery) and the match was fun.

There is also a shotgun side match. There are always folks who will loan shotguns and ammo for those who either forgot or ,certainly, for someone who flys in.

We also had cookies!

Dave