Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Grip stock on a Benelli issue

IanLock

Hi everyone,

i have a quick technical question, got my self a brand spanking new M2, done all the nesersary mods to it that you would expect...tube, polishing etc...., and wanted to put a speed feed short pistol grip stock on it, me and mike.45 tried to make it work, but for what ever reason it just wont work and cycle reliably....now is this a commen issue, or have i just got a gun that dont like it, because another guy got one at the same time, same mods, and his works fine....? ideas anyone??. im fairly sure that its not me or the way i hold the gun, because with the normal stock it functions fine?????

also.. as a quick side question, you know the pin that holds the "rat tail" onto the bolt carrier.....? well should that be loose enough to just drop out when the bolt is stripped....seems a bit straonge to me...or is that correct.??

thanks in advance for any advice..

Regards

Ian.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm pretty sure a PG stock on the M2 is illegal... it violates 922 ( r ) regulations. If you are already aware of this, and have added the necessary US compliance parts, then I apologize for the thread drift.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm pretty sure a PG stock on the M2 is illegal... it violates 922 ( r ) regulations. If you are already aware of this, and have added the necessary US compliance parts, then I apologize for the thread drift.

He's in the United Kingdom, don't think 922r applies.... ;)

Ian...

Type "Benelli pistol grip" in the search box for this forum only ( 3-Gun/IPSC Shotgun - Technical Discussions) and read the 3 pages of threads that this has come up in.....

The condensed version.

Most can't get it to work.

Try a lighter recoil spring in the stock.

Shoot only full power slugs and it may cycle right..... ;)

Ian, ditch the Ben and Jerry (that's cockney rhyming slang as I can't bring myself to say THAT word), put the PG stock on an Extrema 2, which most certainly will work and try pointing the gun at the target.

Alternatively carry on as usual, burn loads of ammo and come round my place to fix my boiler

Geoff

Ian, as I recall in BOTH the European Shotgun Championships in Standard semi auto division there was only ONE pistol gripped shotgun in the top 10. So WHY do you want one? Mike can explain to you why a regular stock is better, not that he will take advice, but he knows the reasoning. And besides he screwed MY stock up so bad, he had to revert to his P.G. stock or he would be using a regular stock now. Trapr and I are looking for a regular stock to replace it when I come back over. ( I know Mike...you thought Trapr wouldn't tell!)

Was that me in the top 10 ? was it ? was it ?

You have moi confused about the M1 stock thing, its just as you fixed it years ago - Dan didnt like its length but I aint touched it - I wouldnt mess with another guys guage !

Dont be listening to that Texan bushwacker - he gets bored and makes trouble when there aint no fires to be put out or doggies to be walked ! :rolleyes::roflol:

Edited by mike.45

He's in the United Kingdom, don't think 922r applies.... ;)

:wub: Dohhhhh... reading is not my strong suit.

right..........so basicaly......no one knows how to make it work or why it doesnt work.......instead all i get is attitude......fine.

Well im guna make it work and when i figure it out...........im not guna tell anyone.

:sight:

right..........so basicaly......no one knows how to make it work or why it doesnt work.......instead all i get is attitude......fine.

Well im guna make it work and when i figure it out...........im not guna tell anyone.

:sight:

Did you not read my suggestion to go to a lighter recoil spring.....?

I have also heard from (reliable operator type) sources that if you will wear all black and a ski mask the PG stocked guns will function perfectly. :ph34r:

AHHH Ian still so young and brash! I have posted here in these forums SEVERAL TIMES on how to make them work, and how to fix them when they don't...Pistol Grips on Benellis that is, so instead of YOUR attitude..... get thee to the search function. IF that doesn't work for you P.M. me as I REFUSE to go through it all again and waist space here, BESIDES the "Dark Prince" Mike know all about this as well!

YES MIKE....it was you in the top 10, the sole P.G. shooter....YOUR SOOOO GOOOD!!! :D

because another guy got one at the same time, same mods, and his works fine....? ideas anyone??. im fairly sure that its not me or the way i hold the gun, because with the normal stock it functions fine?????

Hmmmmm.........

Maybe you should have the other guy do your mods?

Maybe you should shoot the other guy's and see if it works fine for you?

Maybe you should shoot it with the normal stock?

Just askin'....

YES MIKE....it was you in the top 10, the sole P.G. shooter....YOUR SOOOO GOOOD!!! :D

Mike in the words of JD 2nd or further down the result sheet is "nowhere" in case you have forgotten, thats why I dumped the Browning for a Benelli with a straight stock just as the good lord intended & Im now much happier :P:lol:

See ya soon buddy. B)

N

Ian, don't bring an attitude to a gun fight, bring a gun ( that works) AND an attitude! :roflol: P.M. me and we will get it to work in a few easy steps!

Neil, don't pick on the "flat foot" he realy is tring to be better it is just that the P.G. thing is his security blanket!

Mike...YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! NURTFEN

Neil, don't pick on the "flat foot" he realy is tring to be better it is just that the P.G. thing is his security blanket!

Mike...YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD! NURTFEN

More like his wrist is just permanantly stuck gripping at that angle for some strange reason :rolleyes::lol:

N

Kurt, im not trying to bring an attitude to this....im really not...i very rarely post anything on here.....i just sit back and take in what all the more experienced have to say.....it just pisses me off that have spent an absolute fortune on what is suppose to be the THE shotgun to have, that it is basiclly a $2000 paper weight...i carnt possible go travel to any competion and constantly be wondering if the dame gun is guna work.....surely you can appreciate where im coming from ? and i would bring an attiude to my gun games....if i knew the gun was guna back it up...just ask mike....

Mate, Kurt was not implying attitude in a bad way, just a patience and your questions ill be answered way. As for your gun, there are many reasons why they dont like PG stocks, we have only tried your gun once with a PG when it was brand new and it had some teething issues - it runs great with the factory straight stock so its hardly a paperweight as the gun runs just fine - PM kurt - I have a pretty good idea about the fixes he will recommend, we will take Merlins good advice and we will put the stock back on next week and see if how our gun runs now its has some time to loosen up some.

Dont worry young Jedi - will will get our PG stock to work just fine - in the meantime get the SWAT overalls and face mask out of the closet :ph34r: