Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload times 8 shot

How do you see how fast your reload is when dry firing with dummy rounds and a timer?

Set a par time on your timer, when you hear the beep do a reload and try to get a sight picture before the second beep. Its also good to practice with a set of empties for a more realistic reload.

My better live fire times are in the 1.5-6 range shot to shot but most of the time they are about 1.75-2.00

Thank's for the info so if your doing 1.5 with an 8 shot thats FAST so your time with a 6 round 625 must be around 1sec i heard there much faster to reload Wow

You guys are dreaming. Nobody reloads a wheelgun in 1 or 1.5 seconds shot-to-shot in a real match situation. Not even Jerry.

My single best ever was 1.54 ( at the practice range ) shot to shot in the A ring at 15 yards. There were 2 of us and it took all afternoon, but we eventually jagged one each. :ph34r:

Single best ever in a match 4.5 ( that's right....4.Fken 5 ) matches are always harder. :roflol:

My single best ever was 1.54 ( at the practice range ) shot to shot in the A ring at 15 yards. There were 2 of us and it took all afternoon, but we eventually jagged one each. :ph34r:

Single best ever in a match 4.5 ( that's right....4.Fken 5 ) matches are always harder. :roflol:

I don't know Mark I would say your shot to shot times were better than that on the classifier at the ICORE CUP.

You burned that stage down.

I know my reloads with the 627 are bad right now. I've mostly just shot it in steel matches, though. I don't want to know what my reload times were at a steel match. :sick:

I think the best I've done with the 625 under match conditions was 1.70. (7 shots at 6 poppers <_< ) I wouldn't have even known what it was but Tom Drazy was standing right there and grabbed the timer out of the RO's hand saying "let me see that ****** thing" and ran back the time. It really didn't feel all that fast to me at the time. I just knew I screwed up and had to put more bullets in fast.

Not the Best Reload I have had in a match but on one stage two runs I had a 2,5 and a 2.2, Black Sabbath saaid I had a smoking run on one of the classifiers,Bbill Drill to the Third Power. But I dno't know what that was.. The fastest reload I have seen n a match, othere than the 6 reload 6 from Jerry, was a 1.49. that was through a window reload and back through a window. But that was with a 6 shot using speedloaders, No advatage Carmoney :ph34r:

I know my reloads with the 627 are bad right now. I've mostly just shot it in steel matches, though. I don't want to know what my reload times were at a steel match. :sick:

I think the best I've done with the 625 under match conditions was 1.70. (7 shots at 6 poppers <_< ) I wouldn't have even known what it was but Tom Drazy was standing right there and grabbed the timer out of the RO's hand saying "let me see that ****** thing" and ran back the time. It really didn't feel all that fast to me at the time. I just knew I screwed up and had to put more bullets in fast.

That feeling isn't uncommon. (Either one)! But when you hit everything right, and you're concentrating on the actual task at hand, time does get distorted.

But that's still a !!!SMOKING! Reload!!! :surprise:

Now to open this up a bit, I can't seem to remember which method you use Keith?

Dave

Thanks Carmoney for your reply i loved it Im new to the forum and i didn't feel is was my place to ruin someone's Dream 1.5 And i am only talking about reload times with an 8 shot

Thank's

Joey

....As funny as it may seem,

Some people get their kicks,

Stompin' on a dream.....

I don't care what anybody says, I know that in a real match if you do a reload between 2.2 to 2.5 with an 8 shot, you are doing very well. The only person that I know that can beat those times are Jerry & Vic. So, say what you want but I know better!

That feeling isn't uncommon. (Either one)! But when you hit everything right, and you're concentrating on the actual task at hand, time does get distorted.

Dave

I still do the "Jerry" reload most of the time. I've forced myself to learn the weak-hand reload and can do it at will now. Just not consistently smooth with it. Sometimes it goes great and sometimes......well...you know. But the same can be said when I strong hand reload. :D

I never said I aimed at anything when I got into the 1.5-1.6 range, I just broke shots in the right direction to start and stop the clock. If I have to hit the 10 ring at say 7 yards both times now we're well into the 2+ range.

It's more improtant to make smooth consistent reloads and do it while moving. That wil help more in a match and a speedy standing reload.

• 1 month later...

If I remember correctly ... didn't The Professor throw a 1.3 or 1.4 in the wood chop shoot offs at Grafton a few years back ........

For the record I think he usually would shoot 1.7's in standard match conditions.

Dave

I still do the "Jerry" reload most of the time. I've forced myself to learn the weak-hand reload and can do it at will now. Just not consistently smooth with it. Sometimes it goes great and sometimes......well...you know. But the same can be said when I strong hand reload. :D

I've actually used both methods under match conditions. But I always seem to fall back to the Switch Hands Reload.

But, heck Keith that goes for any of my reloads, even the ones that uses them funny box looking thingies!

Dave

Edited by pskys2

When I nail a reload, it's right at 2. When I'm running average, it's 2.5, and a crash usually ends up at 3. That being said, I'm still practicing, I probably only have a few thousand repetitions in my brain so far. Hopefully I can find the other .3 somewhere.

H.

When I nail a reload, it's right at 2. When I'm running average, it's 2.5, and a crash usually ends up at 3. That being said, I'm still practicing, I probably only have a few thousand repetitions in my brain so far. Hopefully I can find the other .3 somewhere.

H.

Oh Man I'm still looking for more than .3 of my Brain Matter. If I had .5 I'd feel lucky! Only looking for .3 Houngan you must be a genius! :surprise:

If I remember correctly ... didn't The Professor throw a 1.3 or 1.4 in the wood chop shoot offs at Grafton a few years back ........

For the record I think he usually would shoot 1.7's in standard match conditions.

Aaah the Professor. He has had some moments of brilliance, however, a dynamite reload follwed by 1 miss, 1 charlie, takes the bang out the dynamite..... :roflol:

Well, I think I found my other .3. My attention was shifting from my strong hand to weak, instead of letting the ejection be automatic. I was hesitating at the moonclip holder until the ejection rod had been fully pushed. Once I stopped doing that, I started running 2.0 with some consistency, and a few 1.8s. That, and a chamfer job. Now to shoot the thing and make sure it isn't going to blow up . . .

H.

• 2 weeks later...