Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sports Shooting Usa

Dowter

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight to play NTN trivia as usual, and they had just put in a new video game - Sports Shooting USA, a total knock-off of IPSC. They had the standard IPSC targets (slightly changed so they didn't have to pay royalties) the NRA tombstone target, and poppers. There were some other occasional targets (that played havok with my IPSC instincts) like watermellons and soda cans.

It even featured actual STI guns in the game.

What drove me batty was that the game (like ALL other arcade shooters) had sights on the gun that were horribly misaligned. They even have this fake red dot scope which is worthless.

I get suckered into playing these damn things all the time and I end up spending most of my time trying to misalign the sights looked for the correct misalignment so that I can get some kind of idea where the game is going to register the hit.

Oh yeah, the worst part - little point shooting brats that have never picked up a real gun in their life beating me at the game. :angry: Little bastards...

Heh... I have the exact opposite reaction.

Played Time Crisis 3 this past weekend from beginning to end. Fired one shot to figure out where the little orange blast was gonna show up with the sights aligned and (slightly low and left) and went from there.

I'm sure I would have done better if I played IDPA-- my reloads were quick (lifting up on the pedal, hearing the click/seeing the ammo count go up in the lower left hand of the screen... got it to the point where I didn't have to look for it, I just knew it was there), but I never stayed behind cover... just kept blazing.

'Twas fun. Only thing that sucked was the ending. Oh, and I did sweat more than when I shoot a match, though... that was odd.

YMMV. :)

• 1 year later...

They have it here at Ft. Sam. Discovered it yesterday while wondering on post. $20 later (at $0.25/game....SWEEEET!!!), the boys training with me from Bragg that have adopted were DAAAAMN!!!....we need to shoot IPSC.

Sweet game and going to be the death of me.

Peace and chicken grease!

SPC Richard A. White

C-Co, 232 Med Bn

3rd PLT (Wolverines!)

Fort Sam Houton, TX

I asked Dave Skinner about Sport Shooting USA...he said that they actually asked him about it, and he said "...have fun!"

B)

I think it is a fun game, but not even close to the 911 trainer, or (my favorite) the 911/2 trainer. Full motion sensor pistol game...when you dodge, your screen avatar dodges...when you crouch, it crouches... I've finished the game on one credit (usually a buck a throw), and then passed out from dehydration :P

Alex

I have played this game several times, and even participated in some makeshift tournaments with my shooting friends. I really like it. The key to getting the scope aligned is to do it at the begining when it prompts you to. I got revenge on Clyde last Friday night three games in a row! :P

I asked Dave Skinner about Sport Shooting USA...he said that they actually asked him about it, and he said "...have fun!"

Awesome... Dave's a pretty cool guy... B)

He's a member of our gun club and when a vote came up to buy metal for a Steel Challenge match, he said the same thing: "The club has the funds - Buy the stuff - And have some fun!".

-Chet

• 8 months later...

I wonder if we could get Sega to port this to the PC or PS2 (because you can get a light gun). I'll bet we could get a lot of dealers to sell the game, including BE. I'll bet a lot of BE'ers and other shooters would buy this if it was available.