Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

iPod crapped out

benos

Yesterday my iPod just stopped playing. It doesn't sound good. Even with it setting 6 feet away from me, it sounds like the drive is making "sticking sounds"... chik chik chik eaaa, chik chik chik eaaa... I plugged it into the charger... and it's been doing that since yesterday. And she's pretty hot... feels like she's got quite the temperature. No response from any buttons.

I bought it off apple's refurb store maybe a couple years ago, and I probably bought the extended apple care for it. I'll have to check into that.

be

Yesterday my iPod just stopped playing. It doesn't sound good. Even with it setting 6 feet away from me, it sounds like the drive is making "sticking sounds"... chik chik chik eaaa, chik chik chik eaaa... I plugged it into the charger... and it's been doing that since yesterday. And she's pretty hot... feels like she's got quite the temperature. No response from any buttons.

I bought it off apple's refurb store maybe a couple years ago, and I probably bought the extended apple care for it. I'll have to check into that.

be

Not good... sounds like the micro drive is shot.

be

Brian,

Take it to the Apple store at the Chandler Mall (I think it's there) and they should take care of you. A similar thing happened to me. They may try to refurb it if they can but it's a start. The only problem is you may have to go there just to set an appointment to get it checked out.

be

Brian,

Take it to the Apple store at the Chandler Mall (I think it's there) and they should take care of you. A similar thing happened to me. They may try to refurb it if they can but it's a start. The only problem is you may have to go there just to set an appointment to get it checked out.

Thanks, I may have to do that. And yes, that is the problem - going there.

I hardly ever used this pod for anything other than playing music through my home stereo. So a refurb would be fine.

I bought a headphone power booster at Radio Shack, and it goes between my iPod and my stereo. Whenever I'm listening to music, I'm almost always on my porch. So it's a real handy way to control all of my music, without having to leave the porch. And for "speakers in house-I'm on the porch" the music quality is fine for any sort of reasonable volume.

pull!

:lol:

I've got two more in the desk drawer... I could shoot a single then a round of doubles.

;)

Brian I'm new to the ipod scene any recomendations? ipod touch any good or just go with an ipod? Also do you use itunes? I have no clue on this stuff. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

+1 to iTunes. But on an iPod recommendation - I honestly don't know that much about all the different models. I use mine almost exclusively for controlling/playing all the music I have through my home stereo, while I'm sitting on my porch.

I think the "touch" is geared not only toward music, but it works WiFi for internet. you can check email, browse the web, as long as you have a WiFi signal. I don't care about doing email/web with a little hand held device, so I've never played with. If need to be on the internet, I'll have my laptop with me.

Oh I forgot, I do have an iPod Shuffle. (I got it n/c for opening a credit card account, so I couldn't resist.) It's pretty cool, because you can put 500 MB of mp3 or mp4 music files on it, and it's real small and handy. So say you fill it up with a good cross selection of music - lots of different artists/genera's or whatever, then set it to shuffle the songs, so every time you listen to it it's like your listening to your own radio station of your favorite music.

be

Brian, thanks for the info I'm still looking and still confused, but that's normal . At least the confused part. :huh::blink:

Scott

Recently my 11 yr old son asked us for an IPOd for his B-day. while checking them out I handled the I-touch and ended up buying two. I have an Ipod Nano also that is usually in my car and have always liked it. The I-touch is so much more versatile it blows me away. I use it for business as well instead of my old paper day planner. I think in a month and a half its payed for itself ($225.00). It is the second generation I touch that has an external spk so you can hear it without headphones if you want. It aint BOSE quality sound but its usefull. Has a calendar, usable calculator, notepad with keyboard that I can actually use with my big fingers, of course music, Video (I have several home shooting tournament video's on it that I show at any opportunity), Photos (have my business photo portfolio on it and has helped me sell my work) and games which I never thought I would use that feature but is really nice durring down time waiting for a plane or doc visit or whatever. I have used the Wi-Fi feature at home and on the go, it is cool and actually checked for an important e-mail at a restaraunt having lunch recently. I seldom bring my laptop as it is so big by comparison and its easy to zoom in and out to read internet content. If only it had a built in GPS-----Maybe next years model. (or does the I phone have that?)

mpeltier"If only it had a built in GPS-----Maybe next years model. (or does the I phone have that?)"

From what I've read and seen there is a GPS type function on the iTouch(called safari I think). Still don't know what to buy, maybe I'll just wait till Christmas time there is bound to be something better,faster, more functions by then to confuse me even more. :blink:

Scott

mpeltier"If only it had a built in GPS-----Maybe next years model. (or does the I phone have that?)"

From what I've read and seen there is a GPS type function on the iTouch(called safari I think). Still don't know what to buy, maybe I'll just wait till Christmas time there is bound to be something better,faster, more functions by then to confuse me even more. :blink:

Scott

Its not a true take with you GPS. Its a map program that will show your position and map it. Providing you are connected via Wifi. Allows a quick guide of where you are and where to go but does not track real time once out of wifi range. It is useful though and have played with it a few times.

Just to clear up any confusion over the "safari" icon, it is basicly the internat access on the itouch, kinda of a homepage button. There is another icon that reads "Maps", which is what I was refering to in my previous post. I did not catch your referance to "safari" earlier.

• 10 months later...