Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BLADE-TECH

sinnsyk

Right on.

Yeah, I actually had Blade-Tech make them using my gun as a mold, but it took me another year before I decided to start selling them.. slow sometimes ha ha.

I love this holster now, feels extremely safe which makes me much more comfortable walking around when I'm not shooting.. And a little safer on seated starts etc.

I picked one of these up yesterday from Henning. It is really nice. I did a little bit of cutting on it though to get the pistol in and out smoother. When I get a chance I will take some pictures of it and post up my fiddle job on it.

**EDIT** Here are the pictures of my fiddle job on the Blade Tech Holster.

Blade_Tech_EAA_Holster_1.jpg

Blade_Tech_EAA_Holster_2.jpg

Edited by CHA-LEE

I had mine made with the "speed cut",...basically the barrel is more exposed in the front. THe tanfoglio stock2 and Limited have sharp serrations,...which I find took some material off the interior of the holster when drawing. After a number of draws,..it starts to smooth out. You can see the plastic shavings on the pistol after you draw a few times.

I have always liked these holsters. I had one for my HK,..and I have used this Bladetech as a back up for my Ghost.

First off, Henning actually does respond to emails, phone calls and this forum, so buy with confidence. He's a great guy to deal with.

Blade tech never answered my emails, and I gave up waiting for an answer to my questions and made my own holster and mag holders from Kydex. I had my Limited fall right out of the CRSpeed WSMII that I was borrowing while I was bending over to pick up brass (I had spent a lot of time adjusting it to fit, and never could get it just perfect). But buying kydex, the clips/attachments, tools and the time factor makes it a wash in terms of money - I maybe spend 8 hours on the project, much of that time learning how to use Kydex and refining the holster. Want to save some time and maybe even money?- Buy it from Henning!

IMG_1530.jpg

Edited by photog

First off, Henning actually does respond to emails, phone calls and this forum, so buy with confidence. He's a great guy to deal with.

Blade tech never answered my emails, and I gave up waiting for an answer to my questions and made my own holster and mag holders from Kydex. I had my Limited fall right out of the CRSpeed WSMII that I was borrowing while I was bending over to pick up brass (I had spent a lot of time adjusting it to fit, and never could get it just perfect). But buying kydex, the clips/attachments, tools and the time factor makes it a wash in terms of money - I maybe spend 8 hours on the project, much of that time learning how to use Kydex and refining the holster. Want to save some time and maybe even money?- Buy it from Henning!

where did you get the materials for the holster you constructed I would like to make a concealment holster. I am currently using a universal nylon holster I hate.

I gave the Blade Tech holster a go this past Sunday and it performed flawlessly. It felt 100% secure while walking around, picking up brass and all the other fun stuff you do between shooting. Then when it was time to shoot the draw was effortless and smooth as silk. I am really happy with this holster and don't think I will be changing it out for anything else any time soon.

This is a really great development. If this catch on truly practical holsters are back in the sport. I just found a picture of Jarrets holster. Looks like he chopped down a none serpa black hawk holster. Maybe that could be done to the blade tech too? Looks like it works great in the video.

I have only one concern. How does the finish of the gun hold up?

post-4542-1224490237_thumb.jpg

This is a really great development. If this catch on truly practical holsters are back in the sport. I just found a picture of Jarrets holster. Looks like he chopped down a none serpa black hawk holster. Maybe that could be done to the blade tech too? Looks like it works great in the video.

I have only one concern. How does the finish of the gun hold up?

post-4542-1224490237_thumb.jpg

the DOH for the Match is great. its snug, but the release is very smooth. i dont have any finish wear, seems like the gun is held near the trigger guard.

I guess the blade tech could be cut down in that manner as well.

Edited by Hallmatt

where did you get the materials for the holster you constructed I would like to make a concealment holster. I am currently using a universal nylon holster I hate.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41

Please Vote,

A.T.

I had already purchased my DOH directly from Blade Tech. Now we know where they got the gun to make the mold!

The only comment that I can make is that the holster has to be adjusted such that you don't get a torquing effect when you draw the gun. By that I mean the holster will twist outwards while you a drawing the gun, making the draw harder.

I think this is due to the drop feature.

Other holsters that work with the large frame Tanfoglios are the Safarliand 010, which I like (and are available from Brian Enos).

Mick

Big Bear

I've been sort of slow here lately.. but yeah got BladeTech that'll fit all models. Here's the breakdown:

Tanfoglio makes basically two (2) different frame models; "custom" and "standard".

"Custom" is the ultimate competition frame which includes "Gold Team", "Limited", "Limited Custom", "Stock II" and "Hunter". It's their top of the line gun models with square trigger guard, more aggressive checkering, larger beavertail, built-in magwell bevel ready for magwell, long dustcover models etc.

"Standard" covers a wide range of models which is their less expensive line of models including "Match", "Stock", "Steel" and "Steel Compact". These frames have a round trigger guard, lines instead of checkering on the frame, no internal magwell bevel, short dustcover only etc.

I did an update of my shop where it should be even easier to what holster works for what gun model and what I would recommend them for.

• 8 months later...

Is the Blade Tech DOH for the limited model USPSA legal?? I've tried several positions on my Double Alpha comp belt and I don't see how I can get it to within 2" of the inner belt surface. Has there been a rule change regarding this that I missed which would allow this holster??? I love the way it feels and would really like to use it as is....