Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock II with Henning grips

slavex

So a few weeks back I received my beautiful red Stock II checkered aluminum grips from Henning. I immediately tried to put them on the gun, but lo and behold Tanfoglio made some changes to the grip screw placement or something, and they didn't fit. Called Henning, he sounded sad, but he offered me a full refund. Nope, off to a buds machine shop and a few minutes on each one and they fit perfect. The screw holes needed to be moved about half a diameter "up" the grip. we did a little more than we needed to on one, but that's because here in Canada I can't take my handgun into any old shop to play with. The end result was well worth it though. I got a lot of compliments in Toronto last week and not one challenge. hmmmm

so without further ado,

002StockIIHWgrips.jpg

003StockIIHWgrips.jpg

007StockIIHWgrips.jpg

Since they do follow the general stock grip outline they should be. It's always good to get shoot a quick e-mail to John Amidon though if you want a more definite answer. I wouldn't give anyone hell over them.

those look nice..

quick question..are they good to go in production division since they are aftermarket and not OEM

On all my guns now I've gotten rid of the front strap checkering on the grip. I still like the rear checkering since a large portion of my palm touches it. The checkered grips takes care of the rest and it feels easy to grab the gun and shoot. Very simple and a good, solid friction to make the gun stay put while I shoot. Plus with a colored grip the gun looks good when it sits in the holster. I have a blue grip on my open gun and hard gray on my limited, and I've shot with red, gold and lime green. Lime green and red are really pretty.

The grips are physically a little bit thinner than factory, but feel a lot different because they are contoured to fit your hands better. I have thought about making both a thick and super-thin grip. I have material enough to take off 0.020" on the grips on each side. It'll feel really small. I can also build up the grip to whatever. However I wear size 10 gloves which is a fair size hand, not small. Of the feedback I've gotten, the grip seems to fit a large variety of hand sizes. If anyone who has tried them - strongly - would like even smaller or larger grips please let me know. Next time we run grips we can try to accomodate it. I make about 50-100 pairs of grip of each kind every time I run them and lately 90% of my grip orders have been for the checkered ones. I'm almost - almost ready to not make any more smooth grips. Hey... I'm gonna make a poll ...

The grips are physically a little bit thinner than factory, but feel a lot different because they are contoured to fit your hands better. I have thought about making both a thick and super-thin grip. I have material enough to take off 0.020" on the grips on each side. It'll feel really small. I can also build up the grip to whatever. However I wear size 10 gloves which is a fair size hand, not small. Of the feedback I've gotten, the grip seems to fit a large variety of hand sizes. If anyone who has tried them - strongly - would like even smaller or larger grips please let me know. Next time we run grips we can try to accomodate it. I make about 50-100 pairs of grip of each kind every time I run them and lately 90% of my grip orders have been for the checkered ones. I'm almost - almost ready to not make any more smooth grips. Hey... I'm gonna make a poll ...

Let me get a set of the smooth before you quit making them. I'm getting tired of sanding the checkering off the factory grips so I can apply grip tape.

I'm sure he could make a grip like that, but for most people it's been the reduced size and better profiling that has really driven these grips production. Not sure how many people would want more material up there? I think that's why Henning uses that molding stuff on his guns. to build the grips up where need be.