Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case Pro 100

Baer45

I have read a lot of good things about this product rezing brass to the base and tightening up primer pockets, etc. Anyone ever used one?

Case Pro 100 is a great tool but it doesn't tighten primer pockets.

I resize 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP.

I have read a lot of good things about this product rezing brass to the base and tightening up primer pockets, etc. Anyone ever used one?

Case Pro 100 is a great tool but it doesn't tighten primer pockets.

I resize 9mm, 40S&W and 45ACP.

RePete- How many 45's can you run through it in an hour at a consistant pace and do you or anyone know if it is the same or different then the Magma Case Master, Jr? Also, how long did it take for yours to come after you ordered it? thanks for the help- Baer

The CasePro rolls the case between plates. Some have had motors attached, speeding up the rate significantly, but even operated by hand, you can process a lot of cases.

The Magma pushes the case through a sizing die. It works well, but would be more difficult to automate and is not likely to ever match the speed of the CasePro. It's lower priced than the CasePro.

The Magma is a modified arbor press. The CasePro is a purpose built device.

Guy

Is the Magma limited to rimless cases? I would assume that is the case since it needs to pass the case trhough the die.

I have a CasePro I yuse dof 40s&w and 38 super and am very pleased with it.

I find it takes as long to get the cases ready for CaseProing as is does to actually size them. I get large amounts of once fired mixed brass and have to pull out the non-blazer 40 S&W to size. It's essential to sort out the calibers, as one case of a caliber other than the size you are processing jams up the machine and slows things down (38 super nested in a 40S&W case is a particularly bad combination).

RePete- How many 45's can you run through it in an hour at a consistant pace and do you or anyone know if it is the same or different then the Magma Case Master, Jr? Also, how long did it take for yours to come after you ordered it? thanks for the help- Baer]

I've never bothered to do a test, but to quite honest you don't need to do 45ACP brass.

It took about 6 weeks to arrive, I think.

As Guy said Magma is a modded arbour press.

Is the Magma limited to rimless cases? I would assume that is the case since it needs to pass the case trhough the die.

I have a CasePro I yuse dof 40s&w and 38 super and am very pleased with it.

I find it takes as long to get the cases ready for CaseProing as is does to actually size them. I get large amounts of once fired mixed brass and have to pull out the non-blazer 40 S&W to size. It's essential to sort out the calibers, as one case of a caliber other than the size you are processing jams up the machine and slows things down (38 super nested in a 40S&W case is a particularly bad combination).

The CasePro100 does rimless and rimmed cases.

From Magma's site:

Case Master JR Rimless Case Sizer

so no rimmed cases.

I have tried to buy one but it took me forever (weeks) to get a return phone call and evidently they only make them in runs of 15 when there are enough orders. How long did it take you all to get yours and do any dealers sell them?

I have tried to buy one but it took me forever (weeks) to get a return phone call and evidently they only make them in runs of 15 when there are enough orders. How long did it take you all to get yours and do any dealers sell them?

They are slow with the calls and e-mails, but they have regular jobs too.

AFAIK there aren't any dealers.

The machine is worth the wait though.

• 3 months later...
I talked with Mike Fluery via email last week (owner of casepro) and he told me he's letting his son and daughter in law run the business. Email seems the best way to communicate with them.

Good luck on that one I tried for two weeks to order Case Pro and could not. I then found the Case Master JR. http://www.magmaengr.com/component/virtuem...p;category_id=6

The Case Master does the same job is half the price and much cheaper to buy caliber conversions for. With the Case Master if you need something just pick up the phone and have it in a few days. If you have to beg the people to sell you a Case Pro just try to get something else you might need later.

• 5 weeks later...

It has to have been 9 months since my order. It took 2 months and a handwritten letter to get a return call. Since then nothing and their email looks like it is down...Not good. Anyone want to sell me yours? Trade gun or pay cash...