Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sometimes you have to treat yourself......

Jack Suber

Been shooting mine lately as my pistolas are in jail. (gunsmith) The more I shoot it, the more I love it. While the .308 is expensive, I just can't bring myself to stop pulling the trigger.

What I will say as someone who humped the boondocks with an A2 and the HOG back in the day, I REALLY like the feel of this rifle. It feels substantial. If I gave a quick buttstroke to the head of some badguy, I can assure you it is HIS head that will give, not the rifle. And, while the trigger has quite a bit of take-up, the break is smooth and clean!

I have the dies, and single stage. Now I just need to get of my rear and start loading.

:cheers: enjoy

Been shooting mine lately as my pistolas are in jail. (gunsmith) The more I shoot it, the more I love it. While the .308 is expensive, I just can't bring myself to stop pulling the trigger.

What I will say as someone who humped the boondocks with an A2 and the HOG back in the day, I REALLY like the feel of this rifle. It feels substantial. If I gave a quick buttstroke to the head of some badguy, I can assure you it is HIS head that will give, not the rifle. And, while the trigger has quite a bit of take-up, the break is smooth and clean!

I have the dies, and single stage. Now I just need to get of my rear and start loading.

:cheers: enjoy

I agree. I think this is one of the best balanced and feeling rifles ever made. My first experience with one was a few years back when my accountant brought one over. He told me that a client gave it to him in trade for his services and he asked me if I would try it out for him. This rifle was like new (Winchester). It was in mint condition and could even accept a selecter switch. I was more than happy to go test it (especially since my accountant was paying for the ammo)! Anyway, the rifle was accurate as hell. I only shot out to 200 yds but it grouped wonderfully. So, I brought it back and told him it was a great rifle and that I was envious. A few weeks later, we were having lunch and I asked him about the rifle. He said he sold it!! :surprise: I said, "You sold it?!??!" He said, "Yep." I asked, "what did you get for it?" He said, "$650.00!!!!!" :surprise::angry2::sick::blink::sick: I said, "You idiot! I would have given you a grand without blinking!!" Then and there, I decided that I was going to get one when I had some spare change. Well, two weeks ago, I found out that Uncle Sam made a sizable mistake on some overtime pay (disaster work). So, I got a nice present with interest. :goof: Then I treated myself.

I have dies, tons of brass, and several thousand Winchester 147 grn FMJ bullets that I acquired over the years (anticipating this purcahse). So, I am set to go.

Here is the 1st group I shot at 100yds, with American Eagle 150 grn FMJs. I think I can tighten it up if I clean the trigger up a bit and practice a little more. Can't wait to see what I could do with a scope on it. Damned I love this rifle! :wub:

post-950-1222860355_thumb.jpg

Here is the 1st group I shot at 100yds, with American Eagle 150 grn FMJs. I think I can tighten it up if I clean the trigger up a bit and practice a little more. Can't wait to see what I could do with a scope on it. Damned I love this rifle! :wub:

The one looks like ou mighthave jerked her a little, but still very nice and a respectable grop for an iron. Get a scope on her and do a follow uf for us Jack.

Jim

The one looks like ou mighthave jerked her a little, but still very nice and a respectable grop for an iron. Get a scope on her and do a follow uf for us Jack.

Jim

Jim,

Yeah, I got a little excited with that one - the 4th shot.

Used them in the Navy, and a portion were select fire. NOT fun beyond the first couple mags, very high cyclic rate and extremely difficult to control. I have always really liked the rifle though, great shooters and ours were extremely reliable. My first qualification was a 2000 inch qual, about 50 yards and reduced (drastically) targets. I shot all three positions and had groups you could just about cover with a dime, but they were on the corner of the shoulder and only about a third of them touched the target. By far the best shooting of the day but the dink in charge failed me, I argued that I wasn't able to zero the rifle before qualifying but it wasn't good enough. They said I should have seen the hole and corrected during the qual.

I still love the rifle and would like to have one someday.