Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Israeli technique

Who cares? Let the cigar shop owner say whatever he likes. The truth is, none of it matters.

Walk softly, carry the big stick.

But what good is your magazine without your pistol...OH...OH...Oh...you were making reference to the Teddy R quotation, not the Open magazine reference....My bad... :P

I don't know... my big stick makes a pretty good blackjack when fully loaded... :lol:

Somehow the saying; don't bring a knife to a gunfight keeps popping into my head when I read your comments about using the mag as a blackjack...and then that begs the question, why would you be carrying a fully loaded magazine w/o toting the pistol as well?

and then that begs the question, why would you be carrying a fully loaded magazine w/o toting the pistol as well?

I don't know, I'm just sayin' my loaded big stick is a heavy little beastie... Ask PINMAN why he wants to bring a stick to a gunfight... :lol:

I was in an FBI lead firearms instructor course in the 80’s and many of the Israeli techniques mentioned here were demonstrated. We spent part of the shotgun week learning their condition 3 carry of the riot gun. The weapon was slung, muzzle down, on the off side with the magazine forward. The off-hand rests on the pump. Deployment is surprisingly fast in close quarters.

And...there is hardly any stick bigger than that. :rolleyes:

David C

Back in the 02' time frame we had an Israeli rifle company "visit" and train with us, which proved...interesting.

Their commander told us that force protection is a critical aspect of everything they do due to the small size of their country, and the nature of the enemy they face on a daily basis, and this was reflected in the techniques they used.

The pistol technique you speak of was developed with this in mind I'm sure. While most of us would find it much slower to have to rack the slide after the draw, I bet there are some "TGO" / Jerry Miculek types out there that could use the technique with "freak" like speed. :)

Here's a u tube link demonstrating the technique...

The film clip illustrates what I implied...the condition 3 carry is what they do, but the slingshot slide racking and squat stance leave room for improvement...they did the last time I saw it in person in the 80s in Houston and they apparently still do.

We often run "two to the body, one to the head" at 8y in our local steel challenge match. Last match, me and a (USPSA)Master class shooter had 5 (of 10) runs between the two of us that were sub 1.25 seconds. I just missed another that which would have "parted the hair" of the target.

I knew my ears were burning! Good point Flex.

Happy Yom Kippur :rolleyes:

Thank you Chuck...although it is not generally considered appropriate to say "Happy Yom Kippur". Yom Kippur, or The Day of Attonement, is the most solemn holiday in the Jewish faith.

And fwiw when I ankle carry my G26, I go Israeli.