Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Other projects that's in the pipeline

sinnsyk

Magazine Well

The magwell is also being designed these days. I'm having a pro CAD designer do it up for me. We've all been busy, but this project is in it's design phase and I'm hoping to have a finished drawing in a few weeks. The plan is to have the Fiber Front Sights finished and then jump straight on to the magwell.

Trigger

After the magwell it'll be a straight trigger. This is something I'll probably design at the machine shop hands-on. I've got a few ideas and I want to do away with that stupid trigger return spring the way it is today. Also want easier adjustment for over- and pre-travel screws. I'll be gone most of November due to Area 2 and New Zealand Nationals so probably will be something I'll get on to in December.

Guide Rod

Also have a few other things I'd like to get done. I don't like the way the current guide rod creates burrs in the frame. This can be eliminated by making a guide rod that meets the frame with a bigger surface. Started on this project little over a month ago, but have to go beat the machinist in the head to finish my prototype. If you're ever experienced problems with removing the upper from the frame it's most likely because the guide rod have created a burr inside the frame that the barrel link has a hard time moving past. Don't like it and I will fix it.

Rear Sights

A Quality Rear Sight for the Limited's special Tanfoglio-LPA cut and the Match models process have started. I've had a few problems with the "SuperSight" over the years. Nothing too dramatic, but it's not that great of a sight. The rear blade has come loose / broken off, elevation adjusted itself and the windage come loose. Not something you want when you're about to shoot a 40 yard standard! Because the sight cuts are slightly different from LPA's etc there aren't any other aftermarket sights to put on them. Well... what do you guys think? We can't have troubles with our sights, can we? If you guys want it, I'll get it made and it might happen pretty quick.

Anything else? Hmmmm... I have gotten some quotes on various springs and it's something I'm considering doing. I don't see a lot of sales from this so it's easily money out for years before I can see any return from it. I would however like to make a few different competition springs.

Other than that... bring me ideas... ;-)

BAM, baby BAM!! The trigger is something else that I'm looking forward to although I'm not quite sure what I will do with all those little straws I "liberated" from a local coffee shop to use as slave pins for that *#***@@@^ trigger return spring.

Edited by Neomet

Magazine Well

The magwell is also being designed these days. I'm having a pro CAD designer do it up for me. We've all been busy, but this project is in it's design phase and I'm hoping to have a finished drawing in a few weeks. The plan is to have the Fiber Front Sights finished and then jump straight on to the magwell.

Trigger

After the magwell it'll be a straight trigger. This is something I'll probably design at the machine shop hands-on. I've got a few ideas and I want to do away with that stupid trigger return spring the way it is today. Also want easier adjustment for over- and pre-travel screws. I'll be gone most of November due to Area 2 and New Zealand Nationals so probably will be something I'll get on to in December.

Guide Rod

Also have a few other things I'd like to get done. I don't like the way the current guide rod creates burrs in the frame. This can be eliminated by making a guide rod that meets the frame with a bigger surface. Started on this project little over a month ago, but have to go beat the machinist in the head to finish my prototype. If you're ever experienced problems with removing the upper from the frame it's most likely because the guide rod have created a burr inside the frame that the barrel link has a hard time moving past. Don't like it and I will fix it.

Rear Sights

A Quality Rear Sight for the Limited's special Tanfoglio-LPA cut and the Match models process have started. I've had a few problems with the "SuperSight" over the years. Nothing too dramatic, but it's not that great of a sight. The rear blade has come loose / broken off, elevation adjusted itself and the windage come loose. Not something you want when you're about to shoot a 40 yard standard! Because the sight cuts are slightly different from LPA's etc there aren't any other aftermarket sights to put on them. Well... what do you guys think? We can't have troubles with our sights, can we? If you guys want it, I'll get it made and it might happen pretty quick.

Anything else? Hmmmm... I have gotten some quotes on various springs and it's something I'm considering doing. I don't see a lot of sales from this so it's easily money out for years before I can see any return from it. I would however like to make a few different competition springs.

Other than that... bring me ideas... ;-)

What about the project for using small frame mags in a large frame... hmmmm? :D

Jim

Of course, you're right. That whole small frame thingy is a separate project. I will make small frame extension pads and a "frame conversion kit" that allows the use of small frame mags in the existing 9mm guns. BUT before I go to those lengths I will see what the factory has up it's sleeve. I got an email from Tanfoglio a few days ago saying they are working on new magazines. They know of the 9mm magazines in the large frames and they are trying to fix it. EAA wants to only import the large frame guns which I can understand from a uniform platform perspective. If the factory can create good magazines then we'll all only want the large frame. And we'll want conversion kits for everything.. So before I walk down that path and develop super-special grips that I'll sell 10 per year... I kinda want to see if the factory can get it right.

Either way I'll probably make small frame magpads just because and I'll have 28 round sticks for the small frame 9mm 170mm mags for those who shoot those guns. In Europe they it's pretty common to see Eric V12 9mm small frame open blasters.

True... I've stopped waiting on the factory, but they do listen. They always have. And suddenly it's just there. And then everybody will want to switch back again. Let's give 'em a chance until hmm.... February/March maybe?

And there are rumors that Stock II will be available ... [next year?]

I am assuming it's be available in all calibers, 9, 40, 10, 38, 45. And to start all will be in large frame. If they can solve the 9mm issue then they'll probably never bring in the small frame again in the US. And we won't be sorry as long as it works. It'll be much easier to have one set of parts that fits all.

For me the big thing is the trigger, hate that current design. Another suggestion and one that should be fairly simple is drilled/tapped mag release with options for different 'paddles' to screw onto it for different size hands to make the mag button easier to operate.

Maybe milling the existing mag release to make the end the same size/shape as the 1911 release, and drilled/tapped so that any 1911 extended button will fit onto it.

Hey Paul

That's true and that is a thing I'd also like to get done. I was hoping to have them made in a Swiss machine, but because it's off-centered they told me they couldn't do it. The factory part is cast which of course I'm not going to do. What I might be able to do is to have it partially made on the Swiss machine and then machine the rest. That would be pretty cool. I'd rather have a hardened Stainless mag release tapped for a mag button. I've also talked to a 1911 manufacturer about just getting the buttons. How about making it a 2009 project after everything else is good and dandy?

You could make a sleeve for the existing mag-release (it's like a cylinder in two halves that holds the mag release centred on the shaft). This way you can shove it in a lathe and mill cut off the existing paddle and cut down the exposed part of the release the match the 1911 profile.

The only tricky part is milling the sleeve but once done you can use the sleeve over and over again.

I'm up for anything you can make for the small frame!

I know it's dumb, but I'm competing with 3 small frame pistols and a mountain of small frame mags in 9x19/9x21 and .40. I'd love to see small frame basepads, springs, and followers, along with anything else you come up with.

chuckr

A new sight for that LPA/Novak cut would be great. I'm thinking of selling my Stock mainly because of the weird rear sight.

I agree I think a replacement for the LPA sight would be great. I would like to install a Bomar on my 9MM Match, but that is an expensive proposition.