Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

corn cob bedding :)

1badmagnum

I like the crushed walnut shells they sell for reptile bedding. Just as cheap  and usually very small in size.

Some places sell it in bulk (25lbs) or by the pound. @ Petco, etc it is quite pricey, definately try feed stores instead. :)

I couldnt find any walnut shells,had to buy some at the gun shop.the corn worked better for me,plus it was much cheaper.maybe I'll try some of the brass polish next time.got my grips and scope mounted today,going shooting in the morning to sight it in,needed some good looking rounds to match :)

Thanks for the great tip. I would have never thought to look at the pet store for media. I guess somebody must have been changing out the cage for their Hamster when they came up with that one.

Back when some friends and I were hanging together, reloading and going to matches, we'd buy ground corn cob from the feed store.  (15 years ago.)

One trip it fell to Glenn to make the pickup, and he managed to stuff 600 pounds of ground corn cob (the Gang of Four did not do things in a small way) into his Jeep.  Good thing he had big side mirrors, as he barely had room inside to shift.

Quote: from KAL on 4:51 am on Dec. 4, 2002

I would have never thought to look at the pet store for media. I guess somebody must have been changing out the cage for their Hamster when they came up with that one.

Somebody told me to try pet bedding a long time ago.  I spent years trying to clean my cases with shredded newspaper to no avail until I figured out the pet store sold corn cob too.

I've used wheat for about 2 years .07/ lb. as I farm for a living it is handy and cheap.  The local feed store or COOP would have it at a reasonable price.  Try to find a small kernal as they clean the inside better.