Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 22 Or 35 For Ipsc Limited?

lnadler

I currently shoot Limited 10 with a Kimber .45. I want a hi-cap gun and was thinking of going tp a Glock 22 or 35 (.40 cal) Does anyone suggest one over the other for IPSC use? Also, anyone have any hi-cap masgazines for a Glock 22 or 35?

My vote is the 35 as well.

Most people shoot 5" barrels in ipsc. It seems to be the best balance for control and transitions.

But then again, I always wanted to hang out with the cool kids.... B)

Also I have some fml hi-caps, extensions, etc. for sale. Email me if you're interested.

trey@rosenet.net

G35. If you want a lighter trigger without gunsmithing or permanent modifications use the Scherer 3.5 Connector, a Lightning Strike Titanium Striker, (don’t use the spring that comes with it), get a Wolff Reduced Power Striker Spring and use it instead.

Brownells

Wolff Reduced Power Striker Spring: (Part # 969-161-610 single spring $3.49) or

(3 pack, Part #969-161-620 $7.49).

Lightning Strike Titanium Striker: (Part #642-100-001, $75.99).

Scherer 3.5 pound connector: (Part #861-119-035, $18.00).

To complete the package, get a Glock Extended Slide Release, and an Extended Magazine Release. And if you haven’t already, get rid of the factory Glock sights. I use the Heinie Specialty Glock Sight, front and rear, (Part #394-100-320 $50.35). If your hand sweats, get some grip tape. I go to the local skate board shop and grab a piece of skateboard tape and cut pieces and put them exactly where my gripping points are, based on my hand. Add Taylor Freelance or Grams extended magazines pads.

RAF

Somebody add that post by RAF to the FAQ file under "how to make a G35 ready to race in limited" :D

The only thing he left off was a magwell, and I guess that's because he wants a cross-over gun good for USPSA, GSSF and IDPA (?)

BTW, the THE is the best brass magwell I've tried, and I tried a bunch!

I'm going to copy and print that post for the new guys who ask the same questions! ;)

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

The most i would do is

Mag well=theres alot of good ones out there

Ghosterocket=there is no substitute

Grams or dawson basepads

Fiberoptic front sight and leave the rear alone unless it buggs you

Leave the rest alone or be ready for possible malfunctions how many times have you heard "I got a box full of that stuff(springs,strikers,etc)that failed me"

22 or 35 ? i have seen people rock with both,i have both.I'm also just a b,and sadly still at 50 yards my groups are tighter with my 22 than my STI!

Since i carry my 22 i tend to play with it before my 35 anymore if i shoot a glock in a match