Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 LPR Nationals

Sharyn

I'll be following you all around, video taping and setting my laptop up to provide some LIVE footage, commentary, interaction, comedy/tragedy... whatever you make it.

So, stop by and say "HI!" to all your fans in Enosverse!

This is where I'll be broadcasting LIVE ( http://www.ustream.tv/channel/uspsa-lpr-nationals ) The link is the only thing I've set up so far... I'll update more later... gotta pack n' stuff.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome! I hope you enjoy.

OK, we're here... about ready for the first 5 minute walkthrough on stage 16.

I'll try to travel around to different stages/shooters... obviously some stages are more viewer friendly... and granted that the weather cooperates. We got a bit of rain last night...

The coverage will be intermittant, so catch what you can LIVE and there will also be recorded versions available.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE SHOOTERS!!!

:D

Sorry about the initial echo... oops.

I'm going to stick with squad 15 for a bit:

Dave Bridgman

Jerry Brown

Mike Burrell

Ryan Hall

Steve Miguez

Blake Miguez

Chad Rutherford

Shannon Smith

Kevin Toothman

Mark Waki

LOL!

Yeah, Shooting USA is settng up right next to me for this stage... Their video will be soooo "old news"... :P

I'm running low on battery power... and I'm not sure the RECORD area on UStream.tv is working either. I'll figure it out someday. :D

Still capturing some Handycam footage too. Maybe I'll post some later today.

Technical notes for later....

Wonder if placing something in the foreground would force the camera to ignore the overbright sky. Stage becomes much more visible when the clowns step into the frame. In still camera world we'd use a Neutral Density filter on the sky.

Maybe post what type of battery you're using. People might be able to bring loaners for the match.

ETA...Only meant as constructive comments Sharyn. Love having this!

Edited by EZ Bagger

Awesome guys! Thanks! And thanks for the feedback too. It's just nearly impossible to view what you are viewing while I'm trying to broadcast. Right now I'm simply hoping that I get most of the stage and a reasonable angle... very tough!

Squad 15 just shot the 40 yd standards, and now they're at chrono... giving me some time to charge the battery (in the car)... it's my Dell laptop battery so I'd doubt that anyone has a spare. I'll be purchasing a back up in the near future (but they're not cheap!) It's an Inspiron 1420 should someone happen to have one too and want to loan me their battery. ;)

Flex, et al... great! I've really just been trying to stay quiet and keep out of everyone's way... not distract the shooters. I thought you might be able to hear the ROs call the names and times/points/scores... but I can say the shooters name too. I like to work behind the camera though... I need to hire a commentator. :D

Yeah, the overcast skies do not lend to great video... I'll see what I can do for now, but since I have such a hard time seeing the laptop screen, it's going to be tough to make adjustments. I'll view the recorded video later and see what y'all are talking about and how I can fix it.

Right now, most people think I have something to do with the Palm scoring... so when the word gets around more that I'm webcasting... I'm sure we'll have some entertaining hams in front of the camera and less butt shots. Anyone catch John Scoutton's appearance? :roflol:

On that note... is anyone watching the recorded versions? How's that going???

I'll get back to LIVE broadcasting in about half an hour.

On that note... is anyone watching the recorded versions? How's that going???

I'll get back to LIVE broadcasting in about half an hour.

Aside from the overcast skies, and shooters blocking the camera here and there (ya know.. the things you CAN'T control.. :roflol: )

They are great.