Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

scores update on USPSA website

safenate

I would imagine updates in September may be a little later with the Nationals going on.........otherwise some shooters could get reclassed during the L10/Open part of the match..

Probably so, for the scheduled update. Perhaps that is a function of the worker bees focusing efforts on the Nationals match too.

I think that for big Major matches...if the Match Director sends in the competitor list...USPSA will (manually) update the shooters that are in the match. I don't think it is done very often, but the option is there.

I would imagine updates in September may be a little later with the Nationals going on.........otherwise some shooters could get reclassed during the L10/Open part of the match..

Probably so, for the scheduled update. Perhaps that is a function of the worker bees focusing efforts on the Nationals match too.

I think that for big Major matches...if the Match Director sends in the competitor list...USPSA will (manually) update the shooters that are in the match. I don't think it is done very often, but the option is there.

They don't have to do that anymore. Your monthly classification updates will handle that. And you can goto http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/, log in as the match director of your match, and verify your registration information. That is, make sure you have all your competitors' uspsa numbers correct. This feature also tells you who's recently expired.

And if you want something really neat (but totally unsupported), goto http://uspsa.org/bulklookup.html and give him a file containing just the uspsa numbers of your match competitors (easily created from ezws with "export registration information" in the "reports" pulldown). THIS will get you a list of all of your competitors with ALL of their registered classifications and membership expiration dates. VERY useful for shooter signin when so-and-so wants to change from this division to that.

post-2179-1220710736_thumb.jpg

If you're good with excel, you can copy/paste that information into a new spreadsheet and add information from ezws (again, through export competitor information) and come up with a registration report like this that you can use at shooter signin:

post-2179-1220711036_thumb.jpg

Then when someone wants to change something (anything), just mark it on the report. So-and-so wants to change divisions? Cross out the division of record and circle the classification of the new division. He should be registered as senior? Write it in. When finished, give the report to your stats officer for updating the match from one concise, clear source.

Edited by wgnoyes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill,

Very interesting utility. It would be nice to get that supported on one of the uspsa websites.

It does a weird substitution for blank lines (where a non uspsa member has no number)

and substitutes in a lifer's number.

But, way cool utility.

TimE