Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Bid

BritinUSA

Flex,

reloading is not allowed in Greece, but I have been attending a match there in 2003, and several teammates have been there later on: you are allowed to bring your own reloads there.

While it looks like Greek citizens and other living in Greece are prohibited from reloading their own ammo, every other nation's competitors would appear to be OK as far as bringing in their own ammo - correct?

Yes, this is what I have experienced.

The FAQ was updated 8/31/06, after the AW sunset.

Can the USPSA find a way around this?

That hasn't stopped the current world champion from bring in high capacity magazines... I suspect that that particular FAQ question has not been updated, is all...

Thats certainly possible.

My advice would be that USPSA gets it cleared up before Bali, as they are very likely to be asked about that.

If its a screwup by the ATF and it no longer applies, well thn no problem. If it isn't.....

This is what ATF added on my import permit that I got in the mail last week:

The above deletion was made by the Bureau of alcohol tobacco,firearms and explosives.(Department of Justice).

Effective September 13 2004, the violent crime control and law enforcement act of 1991 was repealed. Therefore large capacity ammunition feeding devices,and semiautomatic assualt weapons manufactured after September 19 1994, now may be temporarily imported.

Rifles must have a barrel lenght of at least 16 inches and overall not less than 26 inches.Shotguns must have a barrel lenght of at least 18 inches, and overall lenght not less than 25 inches.

This means that HiCap magazines can be taken into USA legally. For me does it mean that I dont have to plan to use borrowed mags instead of my own!

Edited by ALF

A lot has been said about the problems moving large amounts of personal reloads into a country for a major match. One way that could be resolved in the US would be get Dillon, Starline, Montana Gold, and say Powder Valley together. Have Dillon setup 12 550s - 3 in 40, 3 in 38S, 3 in 9mm. Setup a website where competitors can reserve components and a machine. So Joe Shooter from Lipernia arrives at the Tulsa World Shoot, looks over the stages, and then at 5pm sits down at Machine 40-3 which he has reserved from 5 to 7 with the box of pre-order components and loads up ammo. Then he walks over to a nearby "check-out" bay and shoot a number of his new rounds.

When all is said and done, 12 550s are sitting on the prize table, raffled off, whatever; competitors have ammo; and some vendors made some money.

I plan/hope on attending the next world shoot, and I hope its in the US.

I will probably either buy official match ammo, or some from Atlanta Arms.

Of course the problem with this, is that unless I could order it to my specs, I won't have any idea how it shoots in my gun. Or if it makes Major.

If I drop the Open gun and just shoot Production, things become much easier. Then I could just get some factory ammo an be one with it...

The US not USSA will bid for the match. If the US is selected the match can occur anywhere in the US. My guess is Tulsa will be highlighted as a likely location for the World Shoot if the US get the go ahead.

That's correct. A "Region" gets the match, not a range or club or whatever. The Region bids and can put it where they want. That said ;), it would be silly for a region to bid without details of where they plan to hold the match, plus likely alternatives. The voters kinda like to know you've done your homework.