Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Emode Iq Test

George, what is a Visual Mathematician, and what do you do for a living?

Tightloop,

The description accompanying "Visual Mathematician" was "This means you are gifted at spotting patterns. This and your overall high intelligence make you good at understanding the big picture."

I have a degree in Surveying and spent 30 years working for the Water authority in Sydney before they invited me (and most of the other staff) to leave via a redundancy. My wife and I now run a small business in rural SE NSW.

These tests are fun but I am cynical about the results, particularly when there was no time factor involved. Looking at the results posted here, handgun shooting must attract a disproportionate number of people with high IQs. <_< Hmm....seems reasonable. :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of it does you much good when you work for a guy who has half the brains and twice the money.

I too have observed that wealth and intelligence are often inversely proportional. Must be part of the visual mathematician thingy. :unsure::lol:

EricW

Was it you that programmed the tiny guy with an Open Blaster to appear and shoot the paperclip when it appeared?

No, I'm the guy that got slapped with a restraining order when I threatened to burn down Bill Gates house after that f-ing paper clip kept popping up after I turned it off six times.

I was in the SF Bay Area when I found out, but all of the local Mensa chapters I knew about were actually S&M sex clubs -- no foolin'!

My next door neigbor, in his teen years, had a job at a lakeside resort. Mensa members rented one of the halls. He was there as service. Left the room, when he came back, they were all naked and guys were video taping other guys having sex with the women. One of the guys with a video camera said, "You're welcome to join in." He replied, "Uh....no thanks," and got the hell out of there.

Boy is that some thread drift, or what?

Everyone who took the test repeat after me: Duane, we are not worthy, Duane, we are not worthy.

I will read your future articles with a different perspective from now on. Oh Ye of the very high IQ.

I was actually invited to join Mensa, years ago. Went to one meeting. Checked out the members, thought, "My God, these are the sorts of people who sat in the back of the classroom throughout their entire high school careers, eating the library paste out of books." ....

My girlfriend is a member of mensa and she receives the local mensa bulletin. I thought about joining it (SAT score of 1370 in 1991 qualifies ya) until I saw the bulletin. It looked like it was put together by kids on their way to school on a small school bus. Being a genius doesn't necessitate artistry ... but this bulletin was really bad - just reaking of pretencious clip-art.

Funny side note. I took the mensa test for entrance in the club awhile back and passed it. It was in Playboy in their "Girls of Mensa" issue.

I took the emode test awhile back. I think that I got 138 or something like that.