Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight/ Holster For 34

underlug

Also, is there any USPSA legal to ameliorate the narrowness of the grip and the fingergrooves on the Glock 34? I find the gun moves in my hands and a palm swell would be good. Would a Hogue Handall fit over the fingergrooves?

For front sights on the glocks I would look at either the Hi-viz or the Dawson. If you want a smaller dot get the Dawson, if you want a big dot get the Hi-viz. The Hi-viz is only available in stock height so that will influence if you have changed the rear sight.

My personal preference for holsters is Blade-tech. One reason, I've had less hassel getting an FBI cant belt holster from them than from other companies. What ever you end up with though, in my opinion, should be kydex. It is faster than leather but will wear harder on your gun. Question is do you want to shoot, use and abuse your gun or do you want it to look pretty.

The Handall by itself will move around on the 34. I cured this by putting the A-grip over it. Other solutions might be putting adhesive/glue between the Handall and the actual grip. Before you do anything permanent make sure you like the extra thickness the Hogue grip adds.

All this is coming from an IDPA perspective. I've only shot 1 USPSA production match, but for the most part the folks I know who shoot both use the same stuff for both.

Here's what I did for sights on my G23:

Put on a plain black MMC rear and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a file and Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low.

Get a Uncle Mike's Kydex for a G17, you'll stick out some but it's cheap, fast and sooner or later you'll find out that plastic is plastic, so go cheap.

UM makes good Kydex mag holders too.

Just a word of caution, if you go with the Dawson adjustable fiber sight set, you'll need a holster other than an Uncle Mike's kydex. The Dawson sights are just tall enough to allow the gun to go into the UM holster, but too tall to allow it to come out. Granted there could be a bit of tolerance difference on one UM holster compared to another, but certainly test everything in private before exposing the combination to the light of day. Trust me on this....it might not be pretty otherwise. I tried several holsters and ultimately stayed with the Blade-Tech dropped and offset holster for production.

Here is another vote for the Dawson fiber optic front sight. I use mine in conjuction with a CGR Heinie race cut rear. (The notch has been widened/deepened)

For a holster, I like the Bladetech, even though they are kinda pricey. If you were only going to shoot USPSA, I like the dropped and offset belt holster. (Illegal in IDPA unless you are pistol packin grrrl)

I also like the feel of a Hogue palm swell and the fuzzy/grabby Agrip, sooo I cut the palm swell out of the Hogue, siliconed it to the grip in the position I like, and then placed the Agrip over it. Viola!

I really like the Blade-Tech injection molded holster. It costs a fraction of their regular holster price. It sits the lowest of any "normal" holster I have found. I use the North Pass Hi-Viz front with a Novak low mount rear.

I ended up using "GE Silicone II 100% Silicone Sealant - Household Glue". I experimented with some other silicones / glues that I had around the house and shop by glueing some left over rubber to a scrap piece of kydex. This one seemed to hold the best and leave little or no residue when removed. I applied a thin layer of ito the rubber swell and the grip, placed the swell in my prefered position, and then put a soft jawwed <sp?> clamp on the grip overnight. After it dried, I put the Agrip over it, and boy oh boy, I like it. Its not as thick/bulky as the having the entire Hogue under the Agrip. Also, I don't think that you could shoot the gun without the Agrip in place, because the glue would probably sheer if it wasn't assisted by the sticky Agrip. Esta bien?

Used Dawson's optic with Bo-Mar rear with exc. results....

Tried a bunch of the Kydex makers and now use a Cen-Dex "Storm". No problema with the Boat-Sail high .275 front. A Great holster that comes in quite a few height & cant options. Very "Fast" too:

Cen-Dex