Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

so whats the trick to installing the finished round chute on the 650

i cross posted this on the dillon website. Im sure dillon will answer this soon, but just thought i would check to see if anyone else had this problem

so after already bending one, i just got a replacement from dillon, and now i am wondering how to mount the finished round chute.

in the picture you can see that the when i lower the platform it comes down on top of it.

it is bolted down tight, yet its still in the way.

so should i just tie a rope around the press frame and around the chute to hold it back?

here is a view from the right side of the press where the chute comes out

IMG_5232.jpg

Edited by justinbaker

It appears that is is leaning over to the left slightly. The only three things that I can think of...

1. It's bent.

2. There are an uneven number of washers under the chute so it's leaning over.

3. Try slightly loosening the bolts that hold down the press and see if the chute will slide a little to the right and then re-tighten.

Edited by BritinUSA

I agree that it looks like the chute is leaning over a bit. You might need to compress the chute slightly so that it doesn't rattle against the frame of the press or get crushed under the case ram. Or it may just need to be bent over towards the back of the press.

Thomas

It appears that is is leaning over to the left slightly. The only three things that I can think of...

1. It's bent.

3. Try slightly loosening the bolts that hold down the press and see if the chute will slide a little to the right and then re-tighten.

no its not bent, i actually just got it in the mail today

as for the washers, i just have one under the bolt

and i have tried loosening the bolts, and i can push the chute to where it will work, but as soonas i tighten it it goes back to being in the way

Do you have a strong mount? If so, sandwich the chute between the strong mount, and the press :rolleyes:

yes i do have the strong mount, dont think that would work though, think it might be alittle low =D

I agree that it looks like the chute is leaning over a bit. You might need to compress the chute slightly so that it doesn't rattle against the frame of the press or get crushed under the case ram. Or it may just need to be bent over towards the back of the press.

Thomas

for now, i just got some shoe string and wrapped it around the press and its working pretty good, so i think i will just go with that for now

1. It's bent.

no its not bent, i actually just got it in the mail today

as for the washers, i just have one under the bolt

and i have tried loosening the bolts, and i can push the chute to where it will work, but as soonas i tighten it it goes back to being in the way

Do you have a strong mount? If so, sandwich the chute between the strong mount, and the press :rolleyes:

yes i do have the strong mount, dont think that would work though, think it might be alittle low =D

Thomas

for now, i just got some shoe string and wrapped it around the press and its working pretty good, so i think i will just go with that for now

I have the same press, and had the same problem. If you sandwich the chute between the press, and the strong mount, the problem will go away

Thomas

+1

Both my 650's needed a little squeeze to make it right.

Did it once and never had an issue with it again.

Rich

I just received mine Saturday, set it up, and was having the same problem. I do not have a strong mount, and am mounting the chute to the top of the press. I put two washers on the front bolt, under the chute with none on the back, to tilt the chute up in the front and this gave the clearance that I needed.

Bend it so that it is hard against the frame and appears to want to push away from teh frame as you install it. Effectively over bending it into teh machine. It does not move against the frame and therefore is unlikely to rub. This should give sufficient clearance to allow the platform and case slider to go past. Sometimes you have to tweak the gap in the chute a little smaller. Do not go overboard on tweaking the gap as rounds may hang in there.

Mine did the same thing after a 2 hour load athon that filled my akro bin so full it bent the shoot. I took it out and worked it over till it was straight. I then reinstalled with no problems but I now dumpo every 1-200 loaded rounds out so it doesn't get so heavy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the exact same issue on my one-month-old 650.

Go back to the first picture in the post. See how the walls of the chute aren't parallel? It's wider at the top than at the bottom.

Just squeeze the top corners of the chute together with a pair of pliers. Bending them together about 1/8" will give you all the room you need for it to clear. You don't even have to unbolt it.

Edited by MemphisMechanic