Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illionois Section Stages and Details

I'm tossing around the idea of driving up tomorrow (Sunday) morning to shoot. Can I still get in?

Thanks,

Darren

Darren,

Darrn... I spoke with the MD and he said you are welcome to do a walk-in, but you have to be there no later than 7AM so they can get you setup before the shooters meeting at 7:30. If you can get there before then, he said there should be someone there by 6:30-45

Jim

Thanks...I took off last night before getting this. ....great match. It was fun.

Makes my day to hear you made the match.... If you beat me I will be pissed. :P ~Kidding!~ Well sorta of. :D

Edited by JThompson

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres my slow butt, i battled magazines that would go all the way in. never had this problem before. i looked at the gun when i got home. i wondering if my pierce finger groove under grip had something to do with it. its like the mags would go in but not latch. i looked at the grip and the rubber sild down a touch. im woundering if the rubber was getting pinced betweedn the mag base and the magwell.

heres a vid of me. im not that good. but it shows a fun stage. Paul was the RO with is son assisting. me shooting my single stack.

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f186/haw...ectional010.flv

or

here

th_IL08sectional010.jpg

dont know which links work on enos. -chris

I'm getting anxious for the results. Anybody hear anything yet?

What is the word on results?

Anyone get an email yet?

Everyone was done shooting yesterday by 2:00 and they were picking up score sheets all day, I have seen results from matches with 3 times as many shooters by now!!! :surprise:

It was a fun match, RO's did a nice job, stages were fun. Would have like to seen a little higher round count which could have been done by adding a couple more targets here and there, but it was still fun to shoot.

Thanks to Kevin Siddle from Detonics for the match shirts and being a sponsor, Kevin had also helped with the Indiana Sectional being a sponsor and is a a great guy to work with, Detonics is really doing a nice job of putting out some really nice guns.

Ok any results up now?!?!?

Email results on the way out....

Who got certs?

I should get one for winning B open. I had a couple mental breaks that cost me a place or two. I need to go with a bigger dot for outdoors... I could not see that 4moa on some stages which cost me a bit. I found one stage I really liked and decided to go for it... I got third on that stage with the fastest time, but shot 2Cs which cost me the stage win because a couple of guys were really close on time and shot all As. Still, it told me where I have to be to make it to the next level.

I updated the Match page with the results and stage by stage results breakdown... you can find it here:

http://69.129.205.50/index_files/Page295.htm

Edited by JThompson

Double check your match scores. I found a mistake on mine. They gave me 2 mikes on stage 11 that were supposed to be Cs. It jumped me up to 99.2% for limited. So close! They are supposed to be changing it for me.

Double check your match scores. I found a mistake on mine. They gave me 2 mikes on stage 11 that were supposed to be Cs. It jumped me up to 99.2% for limited. So close! They are supposed to be changing it for me.

They did and I updated the finals and posted a correction for stage 11... ;)

They did and I updated the finals and posted a correction for stage 11... ;)

The results are posted to Jim's site and have been emailed to all competitors. I have a few bad addresses, so if you see this, contact me at enufdogs@comcast.net.

Stage five was thrown out due to scoring difficulties. You will see it again in a modified state.

Sorry about the tardiness of the results- I am new to EzWinScore and I am learning. I could not have done the match without great help!

I will post the results on the USPSA and A-5 website asap.

Certificates to winners will be mailed very soon.

Thanks to everyone!

Jim Davidson

Match Director

i shot production and took 1st overall came in to this match with a goal to not throw any penalties and accomplished it, one thing i need to work on it is moving on sand and stopping more gracefully on stage 6 i took down the front wall after i ran into it

i shot production and took 1st overall came in to this match with a goal to not throw any penalties and accomplished it, one thing i need to work on it is moving on sand and stopping more gracefully on stage 6 i took down the front wall after i ran into it

You did very well there... I know both shooters in 2nd and 3rd... they were a bit off their game, but both of them are close to Master class shooters....

Now quit bagging and get that A card like you should already have. :P

I got 8th in open with 5 Ms and 5 As... I beat 2 As and an M to get 8th. Insert bagger slur here... I'll be A next update, albeit just barely an A at 76%

Edited by JThompson

Had a great time at the match!! I shot the best I have at a match yet. Yeah, I'm still a D class but I beat a few c's and others. I don't know how it all scores out (still pretty new to IPSC/USPSA) but there was one D shooter (Austin) that beat me. Congrats to him, and everyone else.

It was a very enjoyable shoot, nice stage set ups and everything ran smooth as glass. Thanks to all that were involved.

Joe

Had a great time at the match!! I shot the best I have at a match yet. Yeah, I'm still a D class but I beat a few c's and others. I don't know how it all scores out (still pretty new to IPSC/USPSA) but there was one D shooter (Austin) that beat me. Congrats to him, and everyone else.

It was a very enjoyable shoot, nice stage set ups and everything ran smooth as glass. Thanks to all that were involved.

Joe

Good job Joe... you will be C before you know it. :)