Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel

Micah

The past eight weeks have, beyond a shadow of a doubt, been the most challenging period in my entire scholastic life. Ten classes in less then two months...my academic adviser said that it couldn't be done...but in just a few more days, I will have proved her wrong.

The worst part was sitting at home in my den, or rotting away at the campus library while my friends are off shooting matches. The Michigan Sectional, Summer Blast, Nationals, and countless club matches have been the casualties of this endeavor (along with tons of sanity and what little hair I could grow on my head!) I am exhausted, underpracticed (in USPSA) and overworked.

I just finished my second to last case study...a 28 page ditty on a student with exceptional abilities and strength despite his physical and mental challenges. One final paper remains, along with three final exams, and it will be all over.

If you get a chance, crack open a cold one, do a 4 second bill drill, or take a nip of your favorite bourbon and celebrate with me :cheers:

Oh brother do I know that feeling!

I'll never forget the day I dropped off the form at the grad school that had all the committee signatures on it which meant that finally, after 3 years of torture, my Master's was completed.

Up until that point in time I was pretty sure the light at the end of the tunnel was a train.

Keep pushing just a bit longer and you too will be through the challenge!

Then get out there and do some shooting!!!

The last final was taken, the last research footnote made and submitted. SUMMER HELL QUARTER IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it bad that I'm already celebrating? (drinking)

Only that you didn't invite us!!

Congrats!!

:cheers:

W00t! Grilled some steaks, had some (many) beers.

I have a week until fall quarter starts...but thankfully those classes will be TEN weeks long, as opposed to the 4 that I have been dealing with this term.

BTW-if you are in the Lexington area and are having some shootin' in the next two weekends...lemmie know! I have a cousin with a new baby that I'd like to visit (and shoot a match on the side!!)