Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR Section Multi-Gun

Wanted to make sure everyone caught the new date for the AR Section Multi-Gun Championship. October 25 and 26, Fort Smith, AR. Old Topic had the old dates on the byline. Still some good posts and info there.

Match is shaping up great. Three stages pistol only, including a Classifier (99-10). One each with rifle and shotgun(s) only. The other five use two or three guns on each stage. Lot of variety. Entry form is on the other topic, or at www.ofgc.org or www.casarange.com/arsection. Round count looks like pistol, 98; rifle, 92; shotgun, 73, including some slugs.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

So far I guess there will be 5 of us coming to the match. The problem is 5 apps will be sent at different times. Mine will be in by next week. Will it be a problem for all of us to get squadded together if I give you a phone call?

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

So far I guess there will be 5 of us coming to the match. The problem is 5 apps will be sent at different times. Mine will be in by next week. Will it be a problem for all of us to get squadded together if I give you a phone call?

Chris C.

No problem, Chris. Note on the app's who you want to squad with. If it is already mailed, call me at (479) 785-4558 (office number) and either let me or Gayla know who all to put in the squad.

Bruce

More details about the Arkansas Section Multi-Gun Championship coming up October 25 and 26 in Fort Smith, AR. Had an inquiry about the match hotel. The Match Hotel is the Seasons Inn located at 2219 South Waldron Road near Central Mall in Ft. Smith. Relax after the day on the Range in the indoor pool. A block of rooms have been reserved at a special rate of $50 per night plus tax, and to get this rate, mention the “Arkansas Section Multi-Gun Championship”. Their telephone is 1-877-452-4880. Close to the Range, shopping and dining.

Ten stages, good mix of all three guns. Round count is pistol 98, rifle 92, shotgun 73, including some slugs. Got a little surprise to start two of the stages. We'll shoot all day Saturday and finish on Sunday, so everyone can hit the road early Sunday afternoon after awards and the prize table. Speaking of the prize table, we are at $20,000 and growing. Not bad for a Section match. Includes quite a few guns, some by random draw. Something new to encourage folks like me, who are challenged to beat the team from the State School for the Blind. After a trip to the prize table, there will be a special additional prize for LOW OVERALL in each division, guaranteed to be worth the entry fee.

With some help, I finally learned how to post to forums such as this. Still have no idea how to include an attachment. I've got an information sheet on the match, which is yours for the asking. Email me at brucebethell@sbcglobal.net and I will return a copy. Match entry forms are available at www.ofgc.org or casarange.com/arsection. Or check the next issue of Front Sight.

Ask anyone who has been there. They'll tell you the AR Section Multi-Gun is well worth the trip.

Bruce

P.S. After typing this, I may have figured out how to include attachments, so the entry fee and info sheet may be included.

2008_MG_info.rtf

2008_Ar_Section_Multi_Gun_Entry_Form.doc

• 4 weeks later...

Bruce,

Don't know if anyone has caught it, but the Gator Classic is the same weekend as the AR Section Multi-Gun. Guess we will find out where our passions lay. I'll see ya in Arkansas!!

Just a mention: Looks like all the hotels/motels and such are booked up with emergency personnel, workers, etc., because of the Hurricans in the Houma/Thibadeaux area. Might want to check ahead of time if you are going to the Gator.

Jack

Bruce,

Great job!! Good looking stages and excellent presentation. Mark of a professional. I have no doubt this match will be even better than last year. Anyone that has not shot up here is really missing an excellent weekend of shooting. The match hotel is the best I have ever been in for the money, the match is 2nd to none, and the people are the best.

We got a lot of guys down here wanting to go to the Gator Classic but I am going to try and get them to head on up for the AR Section Match. We'll see.

Jack

• 3 weeks later...

The National MG is over, but there is another great MG match coming up in just a couple of weeks, October 25 & 26. Entry deadline is this weekend for the AR Section MG match. Slots are still available. Stages, info sheet and entry form are on an earlier post. Save a few bucks and get your entry mailed this week.

Bruce Bethell

Well, I guess I'm gonna try to do a little more respectable than at the "Clark range sectional" :roflol::roflol::roflol:

This scope thing is weird. Too much information to process. :wacko::wacko:

Sure am looking forward to it, gonna be fun................ALWAYS has been !!!! :cheers::cheers:

Hop

Had a question about Heavy Metal at the AR Section Multi Gun match. We will recognize Limited Heavy Metal, but not Tactical Heavy Metal. That means you can leave the optics for the .308 at home.

Bruce

Optics? We don't need no stinking Optics!

Looking forward to this match and hammering targets with the heavy ordnance.

Craig

beware I am traveling with hop!

so hopfully I can steal some

"Sambagging" at this match. :roflol:

First serious multi-gun match so I don't expect anything but fun! :cheers:

Look forward to meeting the diverse gunners.

See ya Saturday morning.

Bill W.

Thanks to Bruce, David, Joy, Mike C. and all of the rest of the folks that my pea brain can't remember at the moment! This match was excellent! I think the stages and the prize table were better than we had at the Nationals. Way to go guys!

ML

What a fun match. Great stages, great people, and a great prize table.

Big two thumbs up to Bruce, Mike, David, Joy and all the other staff and ROs for making it happen. Kudos to Chris for working the prize table. And Dale P., thanks for being our RO for the match.

Got to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Trapr and Dale C. -great shooting with you guys.

Oh, and getting to hang with a celebrity (Scout) was priceless.....

We are looking forward to next year.

Craig

Edited by spd522

I had a great time, it was my first match shooting with one of those new fangled sighting devices on the rifle,..............it really cuts down on the required long range rifle practice :roflol: If I could have quit trying to work the pump on my Benelli M1, I probably could have given Benny a better run for his money. As it was I had a good time and so did Scout, he slept all the way home, and I got to drive. Although he did help get me out of a ticket in Kiowa OK. the cop was a K9 cop and he liked Scout after he poked his head up from his beauty sleep.

I do enjoy shooting this match in October as opposed to July or August or whenever we did it when it was 105 degrees.

Trapr

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who joined us to shoot the Arkansas Section MG Championship match. I hope everyone enjoyed the match, the Arkansas Road Kill for lunch, and the prize table. Final tally was 65 shooters, not bad for a State Section match. Special thanks to Michael Clark, who came in at kinda the last minute to work as Range Master. I couldn't have finished the match without him. Now I know why there is a special place in heaven for MDs and RMs.

I appreciate all the positive posts here since the match. What I would really like is some positive criticisms about the match. We put this on for you, the shooter, and it is only through your input and suggestions that will allow us to make this match even better next year.

Besides moving the steel plates 100 yards closer, and the weather, give us some recommendations. Specifically, what about starting two stages with a prop gun. I thought it added a little variety to the match, especially the part about shooting a flying clay with one remaining shot as it soared directly into the mid-day sun.

Seriously, we want your input. How can we improve next year's match to entice you to come back and bring another shooter.

Bruce

actually Bruce, I'd have said move the plates 100 yards further, or make them 10" plates, as for the prop guns there always seems to be mixed feelings about them due to familiarity, I personally liked them, although the +P loads in the little scandium gun were STOUT, the gun made me rethink my idea of using it for a carry gun. I saw several people miss and come real close to missing at less than 10yds.

the stages were very well designed, although the classifier could probably have been left out and the bay used for a more appropriate stage, designed to use the shape of the bay, better.

I really liked the stretching out of the pistol distances, and you could have probably accomplished the same thing for rifle by using the smaller IPSC target, (2/3 size I think) other than the steel for the rifle, and maybe 2 other paper targets there really weren't any precision rifle targets, you could also just use headshots at 50 or so yards.

As usual Bruce, this is a match that I really do like attending, and one that USPSA could learn something from.

Trapr